The Pu Luong Natural Reserve is located on the borders of the Quan Hoa and Ba Thuoc districts, about 130 kilometres northwest of Thanh Hoa City. This location is one of the Northwest’s top tourist destinations because of the untamed beauty of the tropical rainforest. You can’t miss the distinctive tourist attractions in Pu Luong, like the 1700-meter-high Pu Luong mountain, Kho Muong, the Hieu village waterfall, etc.
Seven ethnic groups have been living in Thanh Hoa for a very long time, including the Kinh, Muong, Thai, Dao, Mong, Tho, and Kho Mu. Each ethnic group will contribute a unique nuance, painting a vivid and gleaming portrait of Vietnamese culture. You may tour the terraced fields of Thanh Hoa, take in the brilliant daybreak, and the glistening dew on the leaves. The three economic zones of the highland, middle, and coastal plains, with their abundant natural resources, such as their lands, forests, and minerals, are all present in Thanh Hoa.
Book a flight to Thanh Hoa for a chance to see the untouched grandeur of the mountains!
Sam Son beach, with a coastline of around 9 kilometers and a distance from Thanh Hoa’s center of 16 km, receives a lot of visitors every year.
The Ho Dynasty Castle is a sturdy fortress with distinctive, enormous stone architecture, which is uncommon in Vietnam. Listed by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage site, this stone rampart is one of the few still in existence and the only one in Southeast Asia.
The components of a traditional Vietnamese village come together in the little town of Dong Son, which is located near to Ham Rong Bridge on the south side of the Ma River. A sizable fertile field sits in front of the settlement, and on its three sides are little rocky mountains and lowland hills mixed with one another in odd patterns. This historic village is well-known across Vietnam and not only in Thanh Hoa.
About 36 kilometers southwest of Thanh Hoa city is where you’ll find Ben En National Park. With 1389 plant species, 1004 animal species, 66 mammal species, Ben En National Park is home to numerous rare and valuable biological species (with 29 species listed in the Vietnam Red Book such as red wolf, horse bear, etc)
For diners traveling from a distance, grilled shrimp is an unusual and weird food. This meal is prepared in a very sophisticated and exacting manner, using minced pork belly and fresh shrimp powder that have been stir-fried with onions and garlic to create the filling. Finally, using the palm of your hand, enclose the filling with the rice noodles before baking it over a charcoal stove. The meal has a flavor that is unmistakable because to the fresh veggies, spicy taste of fresh chiles, and sweet shrimp stuffing.
Thanh Hoa is known as the paradise of endless white beaches, it is not unexpected that seafood is one of the region’s top specialties. The abundance of seafood in Thanh Hoa is due to the constant presence of boats bringing back freshly caught fish from the popular tourist beaches.
You can find a wonderful and affordable meal of Banh cuon (steamed rice roll) anywhere in Thanh Hoa. The banh cuon’s filling consists of shrimp, bacon mince, and fried onions for the outside. It is placed on a platter with layers of onions and coriander leaves are lightly sprinkled on top.
Co Lung duck should not be missed because it is this location’s most alluring specialty. This kind of duck is prized for its lean, solid meat and little bones. Here, ducks are bred along streams and fed organically in the water that flows from rocky mountains, giving the flesh a renowned delectable flavour.
Spending the entire day having fun on Thanh Hoa beach is a fair choice for a tourist day given the area’s proximity to the sea and abundance of crowded beaches. In addition to Sam Son, vacationers have the option of staying at Hai Tien or Hai Hoa beaches:
- Hai Tien Beach: One of the city’s more stunning beaches, Hai Tien has been designated by Thanh Hoa as the center of the city’s maritime tourism. The synergy between the pristine and pure natural nature and the quiet, tranquil, but no less modern area of tourism infrastructure design is what makes Hai Tien beach tourism so special
- Hai Hoa Beach is regarded as a lovely beach with lots of potential benefits for the growth of tourism. Fine white beach, calm blue sea, and casuarina branches swinging in the wind may be found in this still-wild setting
Pu Luong, which is located at a height of 1700 meters, has exceptionally cool and fresh air, perfect for unwinding after a long day. In particular, this location is just as lovely for cloud hunting as Da Lat or Sapa. Professional “cloud hunters” have found that the optimal time to hunt clouds at Pu Luong is between 6 a.m and 8 a.m. This beautiful early-morning scene may be enjoyed while sitting anywhere in Pu Luong.
It just takes about two hours to go from Ho Chi Minh city to Thanh Hoa if you’re traveling by air. Bamboo Airways is currently running a direct route between Ho Chi Minh City and Thanh Hoa with the lowest prices.
This is a practical mode of transportation and is appropriate for visitors arriving from Hanoi as the distance between the two locations is only 150 km on average. Giap Bat and My Dinh bus terminals have nonstop bus service to the majority of locations in Thanh Hoa city.
- Electric car: For large tourist groups, this is the preferred mode of transportation
- Cyclo: It would be quite intriguing to feel what it would be like to travel around Sam Son via cyclo. – Double bicycle: Couples can freely glide on the secluded beach for only 40,000–50,000 VND/hour while hiring a double bike
- Taxi: There are several well-known taxi services in Thanh Hoa, including Mai Linh taxi, North Central South taxi, etc
- Ask locals about traditions and way of life before visiting highland areas to prevent awkward miscommunications. Because Thanh Hoa is a vast country, you need have a set itinerary with particular stops to ensure you have adequate time
- Visitors do not need to worry too much about finding a place to stay because the city has a healthy tourism industry. Nonetheless, in order to have a successful trip, it is important to select the right lodging ahead of time, in accordance with the travel itinerary, to prevent issues in the event that the cost of rest exceeds the budget
Enjoy a hassle-free journey with all the information you need to know before your trip