If your baggage is damaged, delayed or lost, please contact our staff within seven (07) days of your flight for damaged baggage, and within twenty (21) days of your flight for delayed or lost baggage!
I/ Items left on airplane
The items you have left on the airplane, if found by Bamboo Airways, will be stored at the arriving airport. Please kindly contact us to be supported.
Passengers claim their baggage at either the departing airport or the arriving airport.
03 days: Unclaimed Baggage, after three (03) days, will be charged a fee by Bamboo Airways.
90 days: Unclaimed Baggage, after ninety (90) days, Bamboo Airways will no longer be responsible for the unclaimed baggage and has the right to dispose of the unclaimed baggage in whichever way the Airline deems to be reasonable.
Passengers claim their baggage at either the departing airport or the arriving airport. If passengers do not claim their baggage within three (03) days, Bamboo Airways has the right to charge a fee. If passengers do not claim their baggage within ninety (90) days, Bamboo Airways has the right to dispose of the unclaimed baggage in whichever way the Airline deems to be reasonable.
- Bamboo Airways will compensate for baggage damages based on actual damage but not exceeding the limit of liability of the company.
- Passengers are responsible for proving the actual damage to their baggage.
- General provisions on lost luggage compensation: on the basis of weight of baggage for domestic routes: 200,000 VND/ kg, for international routes: 20 USD/ kg or equivalent foreign currency.
- Compensation for late baggage, late (late arrival baggage after 24 hours upon actual arrival time): 300,000 VND/ 1 package in Vietnam market and 30$ / 1 package in the international market (on the basis of the expected destination of checked baggage).
|Status of baggage||Compensation for economy class (VND)||Compensation for business class (VND)|
|Broken wheel (applicable to 1 wheel)||150,000||250,000|
|Cracked or flattened||300,000||500,000|
|Broken at the bottom of bag / suitcase||200,000||300,000|
|Damaged whole bag / suitcase, can not be repaired||500,000||750,000|
- For damaged luggage at the same time many parts can be accumulated but the total compensation does not exceed 500,000 VND / 1 piece of baggage for economy class and 750,000 VND / 1 piece of baggage for Business class.
- Pursuant to point c) Clause 1 Article 166 Law on Civil Aviation of Vietnam in 2014 on the carriage of Baggage, including Checked Baggage and Hand Baggage, the limit of liability for Damage caused by loss, deficiencies and failures is based at 1000 (one thousand) unit of calculation (SDR) for each Passenger.
II/ Fragile Baggage
Bamboo Airways restricts the carriage of fragile items, easily broken/damaged items (e.g., raw food items…). We also restrict the carriage of valuable items in checked baggage, we are not responsible for the damage or loss of valuable items in checked baggage.
We offer to carry fragile items, easily broken/damaged items if the following conditions are met:
|Raw, and easily spoiled items||
1) Raw, and easily spoiled items: have to be packed in a sealed container to avoid loss or theft, and prevent damaging other baggage.
• Internal Protective Packing: raw and easily spoiled items should be stored inside a plastic bag that is at least 0.1 mm in thickness. It is recommended that these items should be packed in multiple plastic bags to avoid breaking or leaking.
• Each box (plastic, carton, foam or non-leakage materials) that has raw and easily spoiled items must be sealed by one additional plastic layer that is at least 01 mm in thickness.
• Each person is allowed two and a half (2.5) kg of dry ice for the purpose of preservation. The packaging of dry ice must be capable of venting gas to prevent the build-up of pressure. Dry ice should never be packed or sealed in an airtight box or container. It is recommended that passengers should create small holes around the package to vent gas. (Bamboo Airways does not offer to carry raw foods or easily damaged items packed with wet ice to prevent any water leakages that would affect other items).
Fish sauce or smelling liquid items
|2) Fish sauce or smelling liquid items: Each passenger is only allowed on-board three (03) liters of fish sauce or other smelling liquid items in checked-in baggage. Fish sauce or smelling liquid items must be stored in plastic bottle that is carefully capped and sealed. The amount of these items must not exceed 95% of the bottle’s volume. The bottle must be placed inside a foam box that is carefully sealed by tapes to ensure no breaking leakage during moving and storing.|
Durian, jackfruit or other smelling items
3) Durian, jackfruit or other smelling items: Each passenger is only allowed five (05) kg of durian or other smelling items in checked-in baggage. Durian, jackfruit or other smelling items must be internally packed by plastic materials prior to be stored inside a box or baggage to prevent the smell from affecting other baggage items.
Bamboo Airways accepts carriage of fragile and easily broken/damaged items only if the passenger accepts all risks that could happen to these items during the carriage. We shall not be responsible for any unusual circumstances: damage, loss in quantity and weight etc. Passengers are only compensated in cases when baggage is delayed or lost (if any) in accordance with rules and regulations of Bamboo Airways.