Connecting among international flights operated by Bamboo Airways
1. Rules for connecting among international flights
– Only applicable for international connecting itineraries between flights operated by Bamboo Airways through one of Hanoi (HAN), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN), Da Nang (DAD) airports.
– Only applicable to connecting flights with a maximum connecting time at the transfer airport within 24 hours
– Unaccompanied Minors (UM) service is only available for flights with a connecting time of less than 6 hours.
2. Minimum Connecting Time – MCT
– MCT at Hanoi (HAN), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN), Da Nang (DAD) airports: 90 mins.
3. International flight sectors applied in connecting itineraries
|Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, UK, Germany, Australia||Noi Bai / Da nang/ Tan Son Nhat||Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, UK, Germany, Australia|
4. Rules for checked and carry-on baggage
|Southeast Asia (Thailand, Singapore)||Northeast Asia (Taiwan, Korea, Japan)||Europe/Australia
(UK, Germany, Australia)
|Southeast Asia (Thailand, Singapore)||N/A||Level 1||Level 2|
|Northeast Asia (Taiwan, Korea, Japan)||Level 1||N/A||Level 2|
(UK, Germany, Australia)
|Level 2||Level 2||Level 2|
|Baggage level||Checked baggage||
|Level 1||Eco Saver max: 20kg / Eco (Saver+ Smart + Flex): 30kg
Premium:40kg / Business: 50kg
Economy: 1 pc x 7kg
|Level 2||Economy: 45kg / Premium: 50kg / Business: 65kg|
Note: Infants are entitled to free baggage allowance: 1 piece – 10kgs (for all service classes)
5. Principles for serving connecting passengers
– The baggage is checked through to the final destination.
➢ For departure airports using BAV’s Ifly DCS system or using the DCS system that has interlined through check-in (ITCI) with BAV’s iFly DCS: through check-in for passengers to the final destination in the PNR. Passengers will be issued 2 boarding passes for 2 flight sectors.
➢ For departure airports using the DCS system that does not have interlined through check-in (ITCI) with BAV’s iFly DCS: check-in for passengers only to the connecting airport. Passengers will be checked-in at the Transfer counter at the connecting Airport
➢ Passengers do not have to go through immigration procedures and do not have to pick up their baggage to clear customs at the connecting airport.
- At the departure airport
- For passengers who have checked-in and have a boarding pass for the next flight: passengers will move to the departure lounge. Passengers do not have to go through immigration procedures and pick up their baggage to clear customs at the connecting airport. It is recommended that passengers go to the Transfer counter at the connecting airport to check information about the next flight.
- For passengers who have not been checked-in or have not yet got their boarding pass for the next flight or have other irregularities: passengers proceed to the Transfer counter to be served by ground staff. Passengers do not have to go through immigration procedures and pick up their baggage to clear customs at the connecting airport
- When connecting between international flights, passengers are not required to undergo Immigration procedures if they are staying in the departure area (airside) until their next flight. However, Immigration procedures will be required if passengers wish to leave this area to meet a friend or to go outside the airport. In some cases, a visa may also be required. Please contact your airline or the Immigration Bureau directly in advance, if you are unsure of the requirements.
- The departure airport is responsible for checking and verifying the passenger’s travel documents for the whole journey.
- In case passengers has excess baggage: Excess baggage shall be handled as regulated for the whole itinerary at the departure airport.
6. Transit guide