HomepageTravel informationLuggage info Special baggage
Special baggage items including sports equipment, strollers and other items can be carried on Bamboo Airways’ flights. Our instructions below are provided to help you prepare for the upcoming amazing journey.
Oversized item is any item of which combined 3 dimensions (length + width + height) are from 159 cm to 203cm. Oversized items include: sports equipment such as golf club, skiing equipment, skateboards, bicycles, etc.
Bicycles allowed to be carried as checked baggage include: common bicycles and sport bicycles. NOT applicable to electric vehicles, battery-attached vehicles, vehicles containing batteries or dangerous goods.
Passengers who need to transport oversized baggage or bicycles, please contact Bamboo Airways’ ticket offices and book the service at least 24 hours before flight departure time.
Bulky baggage must be packed carefully and neatly, ensuring there are no sharp corners that affect the aircraft and other baggage.
Bicycles must be packed in a neat box or bin, without sharp corners and ensuring the following conditions:
• Tires are deflated before packaging.
• Disassemble and pack bulky parts such as pedals, saddles, lights, mirrors,…
• The handlebar of bicycle is rotated into the length of the bike.
Domestic flights: Bamboo Airways offers a carriage of the first bicycle (maximum total 3 dimensions of 203 cm), of which the maximum size of one way is 150 cm and weighing maximum of 23kg/501b per passenger with FREE (applicable to the fare class of from Economy Saver to higher classes), NOT account for baggage allowance.
If the total weight of the bicycle exceeds 23kg/501b and under 32kg/701b, it shall be charged a fee of 40.000VND/kg (not include VAT).
The second bicycle or more (up to 32kg/701b), it shall be charged a fee of 600.000VND/baggage (not include VAT).
International flights: Bamboo Airways offers a carriage of the first bicycle (maximum total 3 dimensions of 203 cm), of which the maximum size of one way is 150 cm and weighing maximum of 23kg/501b per passenger with FREE, account for baggage allowance.
* For the fare class of Economy Saver Max, bicycle will be charged as excess baggage.
Oversized items with a total 03 dimensions > 203 cm or / and 01 dimension > 150 cm or / and weighing > 32 kg / /501b are denied carriage as checked baggage. These baggages will be transported as cargo.
Bamboo Airways provides the service of transporting baggage occupying seats in the cabin. Usually, the baggage is fragile, damaged; High-value baggage, musical instruments, antique paintings or vases, money-printing molds, etc., which are not suitable for transport in the cargo basement of an aircraft, will be purchased by passengers with one or some seats in the same cabin of service.
Passengers need to book the service in the cabin should contact Bamboo Airways’ ticket offices to book the service at least 24 hours before flight departure time.
Baggage must be packed carefully to ensure that there is no sharp edge that could damage or tear the seat cover, damage the aircraft interior, and possibly endanger other passengers sitting around.
Baggage weight must not exceed 75 kg per seat and the 3-dimensional baggage must not exceed the specified limit (40 cm x 50 cm x 160 cm) per seat.
Procedures at the airport
Passengers are kindly requested to arrive at the airport early for pre-flight procedures. Bamboo Airways encourages passengers to be at the airport at least 2 hours before flight departure time and 30 minutes at the boarding gate before departure time.
Passengers shall be asked to sit adjacent to their baggage and follow the flight safety regulations on board.
Passengers take care of their own luggage during the flight and transport their luggage on/off the aircraft and at the airport.
Golf Set: the total weight of o1 golf set is not allowed to exceed the standard weight of a regular checked baggage ( ≤ 32 kg).
01 golf set contains a maximum of 14 golf clubs, 12 golf balls, 01 pair of golfing shoes and putting tees. Items outside of this list will not be considered as parts of the Golf Set.
Skiing Equipment/ Water Slideboarding: 01 skiing/ surfing board, 01 pair of ski poles, 1 pair of skiing shoes. Any other equipment which is not listed here is not considered as part of skiing equipment/ surfing board.
Surfing Board: Sports equipment for skiing/surfing including 01 skateboard.
Diving Equipment: 01 diving suit, 01 diving mask, 01 pair of fins, 01 empty diving tank. We do not offer to carry parts that are considered to be dangerous items such as, diving regulator, diving tank or the likes.
Archery instrument: 01 bow, 01 standard box of arrows, and 01 maintenance tool box.
Fishing equipment: 01 to 02 fishing rod, 01 fishing line, 01 fishing net, 1 pair of fishing shoes, 1 fishing tackle box.
Bowling Equipment: 01 bowling bag, 01-02 bowling ball(s), and 01 pair of bowling shoes.
Service booking: Passengers who need to transport sports equipment, please contact and reserve the service at Bamboo Airways’ ticket offices at least 24 hours before the flight departure time.
Packing: Sports equipment must be neatly packed without sharp corners.
Check-in at the airport
Passengers are kindly requested to arrive at the airport early for pre-flight procedures. Bamboo Airways encourages passengers to be at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight departure time.
Wheelchair is not considered as checked baggage allowance if the passenger is the one requiring wheelchair assistance. One (1) wheelchair can check-in with free of charge for each passenger.
Baby stroller considered as checked baggage allowance if the passenger is traveling with an infant or young child. Passenger travelling with infant or young child can check-in one (01) baby stroller with free of charge.
If the above condition is not met, the wheelchair/baby stroller shall be considered as baggage allowance and charged as excess baggage if the total weight exceeds baggage allowance
a) Refer to Appendix III, List of Dangerous Items Restricted to carry on the Person, In cabin Baggage, Checked Baggage, issued accompany with Decision No. 1541/QD – CHK on 14 September 2021 of CAAV:
1. Alcoholic beverages under 24 percent: not restricted.
2. Alcoholic beverages containing more than 24 percent alcohol but not more than 70 percent alcohol by volume, no more than 01 litres per individual receptacle; no more than 5 litres total net quantity per person for such beverages, must be in retail packaging.
3. Alcoholic beverages containing more than 70 percent alcohol by volume: not permitted to carry on the person, in cabin baggage or in checked baggage.
b) Passenger must be advised to contact BAV Cargo Department if they wish to transport by air large quantities of fluids and/ or alcoholic beverages.
c) Refer to Section 126.96.36.199 Check-in process summary, for guidelines of check-in steps and remind passenger about list of dangerous, restricted items to carry on the person, in cabin baggage and checked baggage.
a) Alcoholic beverages are accepted only in its original container and should be unopened, so that it can be checked the percent of alcoholic beverages.
b) Wrap each bottle in newspaper or in plastic bag.
c) Place a barrier between bottles
d) These bottles must be placed in plastic/ porous/ waterproofing material containers, then cover the box carefully by adhesive tape to avoid leakage or spilling out during loading. Each Plastic/ porous/ waterproofing material containers will have to be covered by plastic with thickness at least 1mm.
e) All liquid containers (such as bottles and jars) must be wrapped in plastic or stored in plastic bags to avoid water/liquid leaking into the cargo hold.
Fish sauce and other liquids
1. Each bottle must be covered tightly and individually by layers of adhesive tape.
2. Volume of each bottle must not exceed 95% of the total volume. Maximum net volume of each bottle is one littre.
3. These bottle must be placed in plastic/ porous/ waterproofing material containers, then cover the box carefully by adhesive tape to avoid leakage or spilling out during loading. Each Plastic/ porous/ waterproofing material containers will have to be covered by plastic with thickness at least 1mm.
4. All liquid containers (such as bottles and jars) must be wrapped in plastic or stored in plastic bags to avoid water/liquid leaking into the cargo hold.
5. Each passenger is allowed to check-in maximum 3 litres of fish sauce on BAV flights.
1. Fresh, perishable items must be packed to ensure for carriage. You might be requested to repack to avoid damage to other baggage.
2. Not accept to carry baggage pack crashed ice/ cubed ice inside.
3. Inner packaging: to be wrapped in plastic bags with minimum thickness of 0.1 mm and covered by many plastic layers.
4. Outer packaging: place fresh food with completed inner packaging in plastic/ porous/ waterproofing material containers, then cover the box carefully by adhesive tape to avoid leakage during loading. Each Plastic/ porous/ waterproofing material containers will have to be covered by plastic with thickness of at least 1mm.
5. Note: If dry ice is used to carry these items, please note that quantity of dry ice must not exceed 2.5 kg and package permits release of gas.
Passengers please refer to the information on transporting livestock and poultry in Official Letter No. 1086/CHK-QLC about making the best preparations for the trip.