Flight from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi
Hanoi is a thousand-year capital of civilization in Vietnam. Tourists come here not only to see the historical relics associated with a thousand-year culture such as Ngoc Son Temple, The Huc Bridge, Temple of Literature, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, 36 streets… but also to enjoy cold breezes, sunshine of Hanoi’s autumn with hoa dao (peach blossoms), hoa sua (milky flowers), colorful lotus flowers. In addition, visitors shall also love elegant and charming characters of local residents.
The best time to visit
Hanoi weather characterizes with four seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter. Spring begins from February to April, summer from May to July, autumn from August to October and winter from November to January next year. Dubbed as a paradise of flowers, not so brilliant as Da Lat, flowers in Hanoi are as gentle as local people’s characters. You can come to Hanoi on any occasion to see flowers. Milky flowers sunk on Nguyen Du Street in fall, the row of milky flowers at Phan Dinh Phung street in March, peach blossom at the corner of Nhat Tan Street in spring, the blooming orchids beside Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in winter or lotus covered West Lake on heat summer days.
Hanoi is stunning in four seasons, but the most beautiful and charming season must be autumn from August to November every year featuring cool and cold breezes, fascinating sunlight and the milk flower’s leaves going with the wind… enough to disturb anyone.
Flight from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi
Hanoi is one of the major cities with busiest flights including 11 flights from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi per day operated by Domestic airlines at a rate of around VND1,200,000 – VND3,200,000. But, the launch of new airline as Bamboo Airways will offer you more options at very competitive rates, quaint services to experience.
- Flight timing : about 120 minutes.
- Required procedures: You should present at the airport at least 2 hours prior to schedule departure time for check-in and customs check. Check-in counters will be closed 40 minutes before departure time.
Noi Bai International Airport is located in Soc Son district, 35 km far from the heart of Hanoi along the road to the Northwest. After completing Nhat Tan bridge, this road has been shortened to 27 km . The airport currently has 2 passenger terminals:
- Terminal T1 for domestic flights connecting to destinations such as Dien Bien Phu, Vinh, Phu Bai airport (Hue), Dong Hoi airport, Da Nang airport, Pleiku airport, Dong Tac airport (Tuy Hoa), Chu Lai airport, Phu Cat airport (Quy Nhon), Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh), Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang), Lien Khuong airport (Da Lat), Duong Dong airport (Phu Quoc), Con Dao airport and Buon Ma Thuot airport.
- Terminal T2 for international flights connecting to countries such as Netherlands, China, Thailand, Korea, Taiwan, Qatar, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, England, Laos, Russia, France, Cambodia, Singapore or Myanmar…
Noi Bai International Airport’s terminals are equipped with facilities and services such as: cafeterias, free WiFi, ATMs, baby-sitting, currency exchange, Airport Information Desk, Medical Services, Free Battery-Charging Service, Tax Refund, Free Water Area, rest and relaxation service, Smoking Area…
Transportation from the airport to the downtown
You can opt for travelling by various vehicles:
- Mini-bus: a public transport offered by airlines at most affordable fare of about VND40,000 / trip.
- Taxi: is the most convenient vehicle at a rate of about VND180,000 – VND220,000 for a group of 3-5 travelers carrying many things, taking 60 minutes.
- Public bus or shuttle bus offered from travel firms.
If you plan to arrive in Hanoi, especially in Lunar New Year’s holidays, you should book your flight approximately 2-3 months before departure date. Or late night or early morning flights are also good options for a more saving trip.
Hope you have a nice trip with above useful information !