Considered a cultural center of the Central Highlands, Buon Ma Thuot is famous for lush array of coffee fields. Especially, its coffee is proud to be a part of Vietnam’s culture recognised widely in the world attracting legions of both domestic and international visitors. In addition, the destination is fascinating with majestic waterfalls and the beauty of legendary Serepok river…
The ideal time to visit
Buon Ma Thuot weather has two distinct seasons: dry and rainy season. Dry one starts from November to April next year while rainy one occurs from May to October. Its temperature is about 23oC and 24oC year round, so visitors Buon Ma Thuot can be visited at any time. However, many visitors often come by December to view a long strip blooming wild sunflowers with brilliant yellow color in addition with local traditional festivals featuring national characters.
Or you can see the blooming coffee blossoms covered a long strip of an area with white color in February, March, and also attend the exciting elephant racing festival attracting both domestic and international tourists.
Flight from Ha Noi to Buon Ma Thuot
Hanoi is about 1,400 km far from Buon Ma Thuot. Hence, travelling by air is the most convenient way to get to the destination. At present, Domestic airlines are operating flights from Hanoi to Buon Ma Thuot at an average rate of VND 1,200,000. But, the launch of new airline as Bamboo Airways will offer you more options at very competitive rates, quaint services to experience.
- Flight timing : about 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Required procedures : You should present at the airport at least 2 hours prior to schedule departure time for check-in and customs check. Check-in counters will be closed 40 minutes before departure time.
The airport is located at Hoa Thang commune, Dak Lak province, 8 km in the southeast far from Buon Ma Thuot center. The passenger terminal consists of a ground and a mezzanine floor and equipped with outstanding facilities for aviation and non-aviation services such as:
- 04 gates to aircraft;
- 12 check-in counters;
- 02 arrival conveyor belts;
- 01 departure conveyor belt;
- 03 escalators;
- 01 elevator;
- 01 VIP room;
- 01 lost luggage counter;
- 01 information counter;
- 01 medical room;
- Camera system;
- Automatic fire fighting and built-in fire fighting system;
- Security screening machines;
- Souvenir shops;
- Areas for airlines’ representatives.
Transportation from the airport to the downtown
You can opt for travelling from the airport to the downtown by only vehicles :
- Taxi : is the most convenient vehicle for a group of 3-5 travelers carrying many things. Popular taxi firms standby at the airport such as Mai Linh, Ban Me Xanh, Quyet Tien, Tay Nguyen, Dak Lak…
- Motorbike taxi : is most flexible in Buon Ma Thuot if you don’t bring many luggage.
If you plan to arrive in Buon Ma Thuot in travel season to experience fully wonderful natural scenery and local lives, you should book your flight approximately 2-3 months before departure date. Or late night or early morning flights are also good options for a more saving trip.
Hope you have a nice trip with above useful information !