Hanoi is a famous tourist destination with a thousand – year history conserving magnificent historical relics such as The Huc Bridge, Temple of Literature, Ba Dinh Square, the mossy Old Quarter… and long-standing customs through spring festivals, traditional craft villages. Strolling a round thirty-six streets, you will be immersed in the essence of Hanoi from the quiet old quarter to the elegance of local residents or rustic dishes such as pho (Noodle Soup), bun cha (Grilled Pork & Noodles), Cha Ca (Grilled & Fried Fish with Rice Noodles)…
The idea time to come
Hanoi wearher characterizes humid tropical monsoon. It rains a lot in summer, is dry and cold in winter. The period from May to September is hot and rainy season at an average temperature of about 29oC. The period from November to March next year is winter with dry weather at an average temperature of about 15oC. There is a clear transition between the two seasons in April and October. All of which creates a unique Hanoi.
And, the appropriate time to visit Hanoi is autumn from August to October with transparent blue sky, fascinating sunlight. You can see the flooded yellow leaves on streets interspersed with vibrant colors of daisies (hoa cuc), heaths… and the scent of milky flowers. But, the city’s weather is still harsh in June and July with high temperature of up to 30oC. Or in November, December, it is cold, dry and sometimes deep freeze with long drizzles.
Flight from Da Nang to Hanoi
Flight from Da Nang to Hanoi is one of the busiest pairs in Vietnam operated by Domestic airlines at a rate of around VND1,200,000 – VND2,300,000. But, the launch of new airline as Bamboo Airways will offer you more options at very competitive rates, quaint services to experience.
- Flight timing: about 100 minutes.
- Required procedures : You should present at the airport at least 2 hours prior to schedule departure time for check-in and customs check. Check-in counters will be closed 40 minutes before departure time.
Noi Bai international airport is located at Phu Minh commune, Soc Son district and about 30 km in the northwest far from Hanoi, a very favorable and important location for investment and construction by the government as an ideal place to transfer flights from Europe, Southern Asia to the dynamic Southeast Asia and Pacific regions. The airport currently has 2 terminals: domestic and international terminal.
Domestic terminal T1
- 1st floor: Arrival passengers come to get checked baggage
- 2nd floor: for check-in procedures
- 3rd floor: Office area
- 4th floor: restaurants
- The domestic terminal consists of halls:
- Hall A (check-in counters from 01 to 30)
- Hall B (check-in counters from No. 31 to No. 60)
- Hall E (check-in counters from 101 to 138)
- Lounge and gates to aircrafts:
- Hall A: gate to aircraft No. 01, 01A, 02 and 02A
- Hall B: gate to aircraft No. 09, 09A, 10 and 10A
- Hall D: gate to aircraft No. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Hall E: gate to aircraft No. 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
At terminal (T1), there are 02 information counters allocated in heart of public hall to first floor and the center of the corridor connecting the lobby A and the lobby E.
International terminal T2
- 1st floor: Arrival passengers come to pick up checked baggage and clear customs procedures.
- 2nd floor: for immigrated international passengers, medical check.
- 3rd floor: for departure international passengers.
- 4th floor: lounge for VIP guests and entrepreneurs, restaurants, aviation offices
At terminal (T2), 02 information counters are allocated in the center of public hall at 3rd and 1st floors.
Transportation from the airport to the downtown
You can opt for travelling by various vehicles:
- Mini-bus: a public transport offered by airlines at most affordable fare of about VND40,000 / trip from 04h00 to 22h00.
- Taxi: is the most convenient vehicle at a rate of about VND180,000 – VND220,000 for a group of 3-5 travelers carrying many things, taking 60 minutes.
- Public bus: at parking area P2 in front of terminal T1 with routes: No. 07 (Noi bai – Cau Giay), No. 17 (Noi bai – Long Bien), No. 90 (Noi bai – Kim Ma), and routes NB01, NB02, NB03 at terminal T2.
- Or shuttle bus offered from travel firms.
If you plan to arrive in Hanoi, especially in Lunar New Year’s holidays, you should book your flight approximately 2-3 months before departure date. Or late night or early morning flights are also good options for a more saving trip.
Hope you have a nice trip with above useful information !