Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS BAMBOO CLUB-BAMBOO AIRWAYS
All benefits that Bamboo offers in the Frequent Flyer Program of Bamboo Airways (Bamboo Club) are conditioned upon your compliance with this Terms and conditions of Bamboo Club, the terms and conditions described elsewhere throughout https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/all terms and conditions of Bamboo’s contract of carriage, Bamboo’s fare rules and all other applicable Bamboo rules and regulations. These rules are subject to change at any time. Unless otherwise stated, the current rules in effect at the time of your travel or request for a benefit or other transaction will govern that transaction. Bamboo has the sole right to interpret and apply this Terms and conditions. Please check back frequently for program updates or rule changes on https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/.
1. Scope of Governing
1.1. Bamboo Club enrolment, member account updating, crediting
1.2. Earn and burn points
1.3. Purchase and transfer of points
1.4. The granting of rewards
1.5. The upgrading and downgrading of Bamboo Club membership tiers
1.6. The maintenance and termination of Bamboo Club membership, and implementation of policies on privileges accorded to Bamboo Club members
2.1 Bamboo Club members.
2.2 Bamboo Airways
2.3 Concerned units, affiliates and individuals within Bamboo Airways
Definitions and Abbreviations
As used under this instrument, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
- Bamboo, QH: an abbreviation of Bamboo Airways.
- Bamboo Club: means a frequent flyer program designed, developed and operated by Bamboo based on its core product which is the carriage of passengers and baggage so as to reinforce and further develop its long-term and sustained relations between Bamboo and its customers.
- Partner: means any corporation, entity involving in airline and non-airline businesses such as banks, hotels, car rentals, telecommunication, services, etc., who are contracted by Bamboo Club to provide its members with added benefits in terms of services or economic values, offering its members convenience and comfort when travelling by air.
- Member: means any individual who has successfully enrolled in Bamboo Club and received a welcome letter and a membership card number from Bamboo Club.
- Emerald Tier, Diamond Tier, Diamond Tier and First Tier: means Bamboo Club membership tiers in ascending order.
- Qualifying Period: means a period used as a basis for determining a membership tier counted from the current month back to the previous 12 months.
- Membership Card Number: means a unique identification number for each member documented in his/her record and printed on the membership card.
- Membership Card: means an instrument to identify a member. Each tier of the membership card is associated with a separate design.
- Point: means a unit of measurement within Bamboo Club. There are two categories of point: qualifying point and bonus point.
- Qualifying Point: means a point used to determine the membership tier in each qualifying period.
- Bonus Point: means a point which is redeemable for rewards from Bamboo Club.
- Qualifying flight: means a flight the points of which are credited to the member account and used as the basis for determining the membership tier in each qualifying period.
- Member Account: means an account Bamboo Club designates for each member to contain personal information provided by the member upon joining the Bamboo Club, and the pointage accumulated from the member’s activities: crediting points, deducting points for rewards, account expiry, expiration, and/or transferring points to other account(s).
- Award Table: means a table indicating the pointage to be deducted for rewards under Bamboo Club.
- Password: means a string of characters chosen by a member upon enrolling in Bamboo Club. Members may change the password by logging into his/her member account via Bamboo Club website or mobile application. The password is used to ensure that only the owner can log into his/her own member account.
- Account Statement: means a monthly statement delivered via email to each member indicating the changes made to the member account.
- Ticket Office: means any BAMBOO office that sells tickets or accepts booking for BAMBOO flights and is operated by a BAMBOO local or offshore branch.
- Redemption Group Name List: means a list of up to 10 persons nominated by Diamond or First Members, who are allowed to use the award based on redemption points from the member account.
- Authorization Paper: means a document by which a member authorizes another person, on his/her behalf, to represent him/her in connection with the member account.
- FFP: means a frequent flyer program.
- Business Class Ticket: means a ticket of a special type associated with the highest standard services accorded to the passenger who uses it. These services include such things as priority seat, decent inflight meal, priority services, and extra baggage allowance, which are mentioned in https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/. Besides, with a business class ticket, points are credited at the top accrual rate. BAMBOO business booking classes are là F, A, J, JP, C, CP, CP with points credited at an accrual rate specified in Appendix 2.
- Bamboo Economy Saver/ Economy Smart/ Economy Flex Class Ticket: means a type of ticket associated with a number of high standard services accorded to the passenger who uses it. These services include such things as priority seat, decent inflight meal, and extra baggage allowance, which are mentioned in https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ Besides, with a Bamboo Economy Saver/ Economy Smart/ Economy Flex class ticket, points are credited at an accrual rate lower than that for the business class ticket. Bamboo Economy Saver/ Economy Smart/ Economy Flex with booking classes on Bamboo are specified in Appendix 2.
- Bamboo Economy Saver Max Class Ticket: means a saving ticket for passenger. Bamboo Economy Saver Max booking class are counted to upgrade new tier.
- ID Ticket: means an industry discount ticket issued by Bamboo to its staff members.
- QCTT-XTTM-TT and CA Tickets: mean types of free or reduced ticket issued by Bamboo to its partners (individuals or organizations) for the purposes of advertising, marketing, business promotion and offering financial assistance directly or indirectly for the good of Bamboo activities in these areas.
I. Member Account
1. Conditions of Enrollment
Bamboo Airways frequent flyer program is open to any individual aged 14 or older, regardless of nationality, with citizenship rights and a permanent mailing address which in Vietnamese, may apply for membership. Corporations and/or entities cannot be enrolled as Members.
Members must provide their full name to participate in the Bamboo Club program. Full name means the given name, middle initial or middle name, if any, and family or surname. The full name must be the same as the name on the Member’s ID/passport or other valid travel document (i.e. Visa, Resident Alien Card, etc.). Membership numbers are nontransferable.
Following successful enrolment, a welcome email will be sent to the applicant’s email address informing his/her membership card number. Membership card will be sent when a member completed first flight which is eligible for points accumulation with Bamboo Airways. Members may not maintain more than one Bamboo Club account.
In the event more than one account number is assigned to the same individual, the duplicate account will be cancelled, and only the applicable mileage credit, excluding any enrollment bonus, can be transferred to the remaining account.
2. Bamboo Club Password
With your Bamboo Club number and password you have access to your Bamboo Club information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Without a password, certain transactions may only be done via mail or in person with your Bamboo Club card and valid identification. Establishment of a password indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this Terms and Conditions governing your password. A password allows you access to a variety of self-service tools and Bamboo Club account information at Bambooairways.com, as well as the ability to complete transactions over the phone that could previously be handled only in writing.
Your password cannot be viewed or changed by a Bamboo representative. If you would like to change your password, go to “Change password”. If you cannot remember your password, an email with a secure link to change your password will be sent to you. To request an e-mail with a secure link to update your password, go to Forgot Password.
You are responsible for the selection and use of your password and for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not divulge your password to anyone. If you do, you are solely responsible for any actions that person takes with your password, including, without limitation any transactions in your account, any violations of the Bamboo Club Terms and Conditions, and any further disclosure of your password. Bamboo shall have no liability for losses resulting from unauthorized access to, or use of, your password.
3. Name and Address Changes
Each Member will be responsible for letting Bamboo know of any name, email or address change on his or her account. Please ensure that the name in your Bamboo Club account (first, middle and last) matches exactly the name on your government-issued photo ID used when you travel.
a. Address Change:
Country of residence is determined by the primary address in the Member’s Bamboo Club account. Bamboo reserves the right to audit an account at any time for address accuracy, residency requirements, request further supporting documentation and update the address for any Member’s Bamboo Club account using the National Change of Address data filed by relocating postal customers, but shall have no obligation to do so. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion Status and closure of the Bamboo Club account.
For address changes, a Member may update their account address information using their Bamboo password by visiting My Profile, editing their address and attaching any required documentation through the online form. You may also be able to update your account address by submitting the information via fax, mail, or by phone using your password. Members should include their Bamboo Club number and signature on all requests and documentation.
b. Name Change
Name change requests cannot be processed over the phone. A copy of supporting legal documentation (e.g., court order, marriage certificate, divorce certificate) must be submitted by fax/mail or follow the instructions on this page to submit your identity verification online. Identity verification will be required for any name change requests. The Member’s signature and Bamboo Club membership number must be included in all written correspondence.
Mail: Bamboo Club, 20thfloor, 265 Cau Giay street, Dich Vong ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
II. Earning Point
Points earned under the Bamboo Club program will be credited to your account within eight weeks after qualifying activity occurs, unless otherwise provided in the individual partner’s terms and conditions. Partner offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Bamboo Club partners, offers and benefits subject to change. To ensure credit:
- For air travel: Provide your Bamboo Club number at time of booking or check-in for each flight. The name on the reservation must match the name on the Bamboo Club account for mileage to be credited.
- Hotel and car rental partners: Provide your Bamboo Club account number and name as shown on your Bamboo Club membership card at time of hotel check-in or car rental pickup. Points is credited only to the Member whose name appears on the bill for the hotel stay or car rental.
- All other partners: Provide your Bamboo club number and name as shown on your Bamboo Club membership card at the time of transaction.
- Compliance: Point earned is subject to compliance with all requirements of the individual partner’s point offer, such as in some cases membership in the partner’s loyalty program.
Bamboo is the final authority on qualification for mileage credit and reserves the right to deduct point from a Member’s account at any time if point was credited in error.
1. Calculation of Point Credit for Air Travel
a. Point earned for air travel flown while you are a Bamboo Club Member will be calculated as follows:
- Regular flights operated by Bamboo Airways (Flights with carrier code QH and operated by Bamboo Airways, ticket number starts with “926…), except charter flights. Bamboo Club Members will earn points based on ticket price.
- Qualifying Points: Points used for consideration of customer’s tier.
- Bonus Points: Points that can be redeemed for rewards (tier upgrades, C-class lounge, Check-in priority, flight tickets, etc.)
- Qualifying Points Calulation Formula: Qualifying points = [Distance (mileage) between departure and arrival airport] x [bonus factor based on booking class] /10
- Bonus Points Calulation Formula: Bonus points = [Distance (mileage) between departure and arrival airport] x [bonus factor based on booking class].
- First and Business booking classes (except for ID, AD tickets, Bamboo award tickets, CA tickets, QCTT-XTTM-TT tickets).
- Bamboo Economy Saver/ Economy Smart/ Economy Flex booking class (except for certain Economy classes associated with special discounts, ID, AD tickets, Bamboo’s point award tickets, CA tickets, QCTT-XTTM-TT).
- The qualification period is after every 12 months from the start of membership. For member registered in 2019, qualifying period is 24 months.
- Bonus points will expire after 36 months.
- Qualifying flights period is after every 12 months from the start of membership.
- The amount of points earned with airline partners varies from partner to partner and is subject to change. Alliance partner airline benefits are subject to change and subject to the terms and conditions of each alliance partner.
All other ancillary purchases or fees do not count toward earning points, including but not limited to:
+ Checked baggage fees
+ Priority Boarding
+ In-flight Wi-Fi passes
+ In-flight food and beverage purchases
+ In-flight entertainment
+ Unaccompanied minor fees
+ Pet travel fees
+ Ticket change fees
+ Direct Ticketing Charges (DTC)
+ Same-day confirmed or standby fees
+ Administrative Service Charges (ASC)
+ External Reissue Charges (ERC)
Members may request recalculation and claim of points earned from Bamboo flights taken during 12 months preceding the date on which the claim is received by Bamboo or the time such claim is submitted online by members.
b. Points Calculation Principles
- Members will earn points based on the actual flight and eligible booking class in accordance with Bamboo Club’s rules and regulation. If a change in flight time due to any reasons such as weather, technical issues or other irregular occurrences causes a member to miss his or her flight, the member will not earn any points related to that flight.”
- If a member is involuntarily transferred to another flight, his or her points will be calculated based on the transferred flight.
- Members will not be eligible for earning points if their tickets have been void, expired, or issued under Bamboo Club or any promotional activities run by Bamboo Airways unless otherwise noted.
- Points are calculated based on the member’s actual purchased booking class, not based on the upgraded booking class unless otherwise stated.
- If a member voluntarily upgrades his or her seat by paying the price difference between the two booking classes, his or her points will be calculated based on the corresponding upgraded booking class. If a member upgrades his or her seat without incurring any additional costs, his or her points will still be calculated based on the original purchased booking class.
- If a member was forced to downgrade his or her seat, he or she is entitled to compensation from Bamboo Airways in accordance with Bamboo Airways’ rules and regulation. However, his or her points will be calculated based on the actual booking class at the time of boarding.
- A member cannot earn points for purchasing excess baggage or more seats for him or herself on any Bamboo Airways flight.
- A member cannot earn points for unused or refunded tickets.
- Bamboo Club members can only earn points if their tickets are of certain booking class. Each booking class corresponds to a specific number of points.
- If a member is involuntarily transferred to another flight which is not eligible for earning points, his or her points will be calculated based on the original purchased booking class.
The amount of points earned when flying with Bamboo is subject to change. For current information on the amount of points earned on Bamboo flights, please check this Terms and Conditions Bamboo Club.
c. Calculation of Point Credit for Partner Airlines
The amount of points earned with airline partners varies from partner to partner and is subject to change. Alliance partner airline benefits are subject to change and subject to the terms and conditions of each alliance partner. For the current list of our partner airlines and other airlines, and up-to-date information on the amount of points earned when flying on our partner airlines, please visit Airline Partners (updating).
d. Terms and Conditions Calculation of Points for All other partners
Provide your Bamboo Club number and name as shown on your Bamboo Club membership card at the time of transaction.
Only one Bamboo Club number can be provided per booking
Additional Bamboo Club credit restrictions may apply to travel on our partner airlines. For current information on these restrictions, please visit Airline Partners.
Most points earned through non-airline partner offers are bonus point. Bonus points do not count towards Medallion Status.
Bamboo shall not be liable for any delay in crediting of points to members’ accounts for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to technical faults, and inaccurate and/or incomplete information submitted by members to our Bamboo Club program partners.
Bamboo may change the Bamboo Club program rules, change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or point levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of point already accumulated. This program may be terminated by Bamboo at any time, with or without notice.
Bamboo is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in point promotions.
e. Point Restrictions
Points will be credited only for travel flown by the Bamboo Club Member on scheduled service flights. Points from one account cannot be pooled or combined with the mileage of another individual’s account. Each Member must earn his/her own point credit.
Bamboo flights, airline partner flights, hotel stays, and car rentals are eligible for credit in only one points program per itinerary and cannot be transferred once recorded.
In case a member has two or more FFP membership cards from Alliance (including one from Bamboo), only one shall be used on a flight for point crediting and for inflight privileges.
Bamboo Club credit (inclusive of points, qualifying point, bonus point) will not be given for the following:
- Refunded, void or unused tickets, including unused nonrefundable tickets.
- Airline employees, travel agents, tour conductors, and/or other persons traveling on a nonrevenue basis or travel industry/cargo customer discount fares.
- Infants (under age two) traveling without paying an applicable fare. Mileage will be credited to the accounts of infants traveling on a ticket purchased at the applicable fare.
- Free tickets of any kind, including without limitation Bamboo Award Tickets.
- Tickets purchased to carry excess baggage such as musical instruments and pets or to provide extra space for the primary passenger.
- Charter flights.
- Tickets issued at fares subject to rules that exclude the earning of points credit for the fare. Fares excluded from earning points credit frequently change, particularly on Airline Partners . You should always check with Bamboo, the issuing carrier or your travel agent at the time of booking to ensure that the fare you are purchasing qualifies for points credit.
- The portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges purchased with Pay with point redemptions.
- No points shall be earned with banned tickets, expired tickets.
f. Account Discrepancies.
You are responsible for verifying that points (qualifying points, bonus points) for qualifying activity are credited to your account. All account discrepancies must be reported in writing within nine months of date of activity. Bamboo is not responsible for the delivery of incoming correspondence. Verbal notification is not accepted. You should maintain copies of tickets/ticket receipts and boarding pass(es) for your records until proper credit appears in your Bamboo Club statement.
If point credit for a qualifying Bamboo or Bamboo Connection flight or qualifying partner activity is not recorded on your statement within 90 days (30 days for Bamboo/Bamboo Connection), please follow these procedures:
For Bamboo and Bamboo Connection you can request mileage credit online.
For our airline partners, you can request mileage credit online through the Comment/Complaint form. Or, you can send a copy of your airline ticket/ticket receipt and boarding pass(es) to:
- Altered or illegible documents will not be accepted. Alteration of documents or other attempts to obtain points credit to which the Member is not entitled are prohibited.
- For car, hotel, and miscellaneous partner activity. If point credit has not been recorded on your Bamboo Club statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the partner directly.
g. Claiming Retrospective points:
- Members may request recalculation and claim of points earned from Bamboo flights taken during 12 months preceding the date on which the claim is received by Bamboo or the time such claim is submitted online by members. Should the claim for missing point is made at a ticket office and/or other Bamboo Club contact points, the claiming member is requested to present the supporting documents for such claim which include the original/copies of boarding passes and the electronic tickets of these flights.
- Members may claim retrospective point from flights with other airlines taken 6 months or 12 months (subject to the terms and conditions of the FFP cooperation agreements between Bamboo and its Partners) preceding the date on which the claim is received by Bamboo or the time such claim is submitted online by members. If the claim for missing point is made at a ticket office and/or other Bamboo Club contact points, the claiming member is requested to present the supporting documents for such claim which include the original/copies of boarding passes and the electronic tickets of these flights.
- Members may claim retrospective point for purchase and/or use of products, services provided by non-airline partners within 6 months preceding the receipt of such claim by Bamboo. The supporting documents for such claim shall include a banking transaction statement (in case of banking partners) or a copy of the invoice on which the claiming member’s name is indicated for products, services used (in case of other partners).
- Members are required to keep their flight documents (electronic tickets, boarding passes) used during the preceding 12 months and invoices issued by Bamboo’s partner(s) for purchase of their services during the preceding 6 months in order to verify their additional point accumulation (if any) when requested by Bamboo Club or by competent bodies.
III. USING POINTS
a. Eligibility to Claim Awards
– First, Diamond, Diamond, Emerald members.
– Persons whose names are on the Redemption Group Name List and nominated by First and Diamond members.
– Persons whose names are not on the Redemption Group Name List but designated by First and Diamond members to receive awards.
b. Types of Awards
– Award Ticket: means a ticket issued for travelling with Bamboo or other airline partners.
– Upgrade Award: means an award for upgrading the point-earning Bamboo Economy Saver/ Economy Smart/ Economy Flex class to a higher class (Business/ First class) on flights with Bamboo in accordance with the existing regulations.
– Excess Baggage Award: means an award by which members are allowed to carry, free of charge, an amount of extra baggage in addition to the standard baggage allowance. Excess baggage award is only applicable on flights operated by Bamboo.
– Lounge Access Award: means an award which applies to one companion who travels on the same flight with the First or Diamond member.
– Awards for Non-Airline Partners: an award for Bamboo Club’ non-airline partner(s).
1. General Regulations
1.1 Bamboo Club Members can redeem points for Award Travel and many other rewards. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Points will automatically be deducted from your account when completing your point redemption transactions. Points first accumulated shall be first deducted, in that order. All Bamboo Club Award Travel is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract of carriage of the transporting carrier. In addition, the following terms and conditions apply to all Bamboo and multi-airline partner Award Travel.
1.2 Points may be redeemed for an Award Ticket, upgrade award, excess baggage, lounge access and vouchers of Bamboo Club’s partners.
1.3 No points shall be re-credited to the account of the member who has received award but has not used or has only partly used them, except the cases in which the member has not used the award due to Bamboo’s error(s).
1.4 A member who cannot directly receive the award may authorize someone to receive the award ticket .The authorized person is required to present his credential, the member’s credential and an authorization paper (in a prescribed form) at the ticket office designated in the on-line issued award voucher for receiving the ticket. If the member is under 18 years of age, the member’s parent or guardian may receive the award instead without an authorization paper.
1.5 Reward Flights must not be bought, sold, assigned, transferred or acquired other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the applicable Fare Conditions. Bamboo or Qantas Club may cancel, confiscate or refuse to honor any Reward Flight dealt with contrary to these Terms and Conditions or the Fare Conditions and, if travel has commenced, any continued travel will be at the passenger’s expense.
1.6 In the Redemption Group Name List, no name of any person shall be deleted but names of more persons can be added if the list contains less than 10 nominated persons; and in 1 calendar year (1st of January to 31st of December), 2 persons can be replaced free of charge.
2. Award Tickets
2.1 Reservation award ticket
Award Tickets may be issued only by Bamboo/Bamboo Connection carriers and only on Bamboo ticket stock.
2.2 Validity of Award Tickets
Award tickets shall be valid within 01 year following the departure date of the first flight segment indicated on the ticket as specified under the following circumstances. Change of departure dates on unused tickets (revalidation/exchange) is required to make within 01 year of the original tickets and the validity is the same as that of the original tickets.
Award tickets with itineraries on Bamboo flights including flights operated by Bamboo or other airlines’ flights with Bamboo hard-block seats,
Award tickets with combined itineraries involving Bamboo and Bamboo’s partners airline flights.
Award tickets shall be valid within 01 year following the date of issuance under the following circumstances:
Award tickets with itineraries entirely on partner’s airline flights.
Award tickets with itineraries entirely on flights operated by airlines which have executed FFP agreements with Bamboo.
Award tickets with combined itineraries involving Bamboo flights and non-alliance flights which have executed FFP agreements with Bamboo.
Regulations on Use of Award Tickets
A member may get award ticket(s) if the booking class for the award ticket is open for sales. With award tickets, seat reservation and confirmation are required. Bamboo booking classes for award tickets are specified in Award Booking Classes on the website. Members shall from time to time be informed of Bamboo partner airlines’ booking classes for award tickets.
With awards tickets extention of validity shall not be allowed.
2.3 Unused Award Tickets
Unused Award Tickets may be surrendered to Bamboo at least 72 hours prior to the original flight departure time for cancellation of the ticket and redeposit of point into the Member’s account. Fees apply. Points redeemed for Award Tickets with Bamboo Business/First class are allow to refundable. Taxes and fees for unused Award Tickets are nonrefundable for all award tickets. Award Tickets booked within 72 hours of departure are nonrefundable and cannot be redeposited or changed.
Once travel has commenced on an Award Ticket, the Award is considered used. Mileage will not be credited back to the account for the unused portion of the ticket.
2.4 Black outdates in Vietnam
|Flight start date||Flight end date||Period|
|30-Dec-2021||4-Jan-2022||New Year’s 2022|
|17-Jan-2022||16-Feb-2022||Lunar New Year|
|8-Apr-2022||12-Apr-2022||Hung King Festival|
|28-Apr-2022||5-May-2022||International Labour Day|
(These periods are subject to change)
2.5 Bamboo may also limit the seats available for Award Tickets to any or all destinations (including, but not limited to, allocating no Award seats on certain flights).
2.6 Changes to Award Ticket
With awards tickets, change of carrier, change of itinerary, extention of validity and transfer to other person(s) shall not be allowed, but change of flight, change of date of flight and flight time may be made free of charge subject to availability of comparable seats (note the peak season restrictions). Taxes and fees apply for any changes. Changes tickets are determined by the fare rules of the ticket purchased
With valid award tickets, change of class of service is possible subject to payment of ticket issuance fee. Mile deduction in case of mile difference due to this change shall apply as follows:
+ If point deduction for the new award request is more than the old, the point difference will be deducted from the member’s account
+ If the point deduction for the new award request is less than the old, the point difference is not refunded to the member’s account.
In peak period
With award tickets, date of flight may be changed if seats are available but more points shall be deducted if the flight is in a peak period.
Members are not allowed to use award tickets in peak periods (mentioned in https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/) if they do not have seat confirmation
Members are required to pay the applicable fees if they change the flight, flight date and flight time in peak periods (if available).
If a member requests a reward ticket for a child aged between 2 and 12 (based on the date of the flight), point reduction in this case shall be the same as one in the adult’s case.
A First or Diamond member may request a reward ticket for an infant under 2 years of age, whose name is on the redemption group name list, travelling with an adult with a reward ticket. Member will pay by cash, subject to the terms and conditions of the contract of carriage of the transporting carrier. The infant shall share the same reservation code with the accompanying adult
With regard to an award ticket for an infant under 2 years of age whose itinerary includes Bamboo and its partners’ flights: if the infant reaches 2 years of age on the partners’ flights, point reduction for the children shall apply on these flights.
Awards ticket may not be sold or bartered. Bamboo reserves the right to terminate the Bamboo Club account and/or deduct points from the account of any Bamboo Club Member who sells or barters Awards ticket, or who sells or barters points, vouchers, Award certificates. Improperly obtained upgrades/tickets are VOID and will be confiscated. Members trying to use such tickets must pay the applicable fare to Bamboo to travel.
2.8 Point + Cash Award Tickets
Points + Cash is a redemption option on Award Tickets offered to Bamboo Members during the booking process on select round-trip flights, that allows the Member to pay for their flight using a combination of point and cash.
Tickets purchased using Point + Cash are Award tickets and are subject to all the limitations of Award tickets. Vouchers, gift cards, unused tickets, etc., cannot be used on Points + Cash itineraries. Award tickets are subject to availability and additional taxes and fees may apply. Redemption requirements for Award tickets differ based upon flight(s) sought. Points + Cash may not be available in all markets or on all flights. All Bamboo Club program rules apply.
Point purchases in Points + Cash transactions are nonrefundable. All Award ticket change fees apply. In the event of ticket changes or cancellations due to Bamboo, member cannot use award tickets, points, including points purchased as part of a points + Cash transaction, will be redeposited in the Member’s Bamboo Club account.
2.10 Name change
Name changes are not permitted once an Award Ticket or Pay with Points ticket has been issued.
2.11 Partner Airlines
Rules for Award Travel on other Bamboo Club’s partner airlines may vary. The prices and benefits for each Award and each partner airline are subject to change at any time and are subject to the terms and conditions of each partner airline. Some airline partners impose a surcharge on Award Travel redemptions for travel on their airline. These charges, when applicable, are the responsibility of the passenger and will be collected at the time of booking.
2.12 Payment for Award Tickets
When redeeming tickets at Bambooairways.com, or app Bamboo club immediate payment with a credit or debit card is required at the time of ticketing.
2.13 Responsibility for Taxes, Fees & Other Charges
The payment of any taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges is the responsibility of the passenger. Award Travel tickets for international travel, in some instances, the government may elect to collect the fees directly from the passenger. Some airline partners charge a fee for Award Travel redemptions for travel on their airlines. These fees, when applicable, are the responsibility of the passenger and will be collected at the time of booking. Additional fees apply for some mileage transactions, for example:
+ Award redemption at an airport ticket location or Bamboo city ticket office.
+ Any changes to an Award Ticket after it is issued.
+ Cancellation of an Award Ticket and redeposit of point into an account.
This is not a complete list, and Bamboo reserves the right to change fees or add additional fees at any time without advance notice. Please visit https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ for our current fee schedule.
2.14 With award tickets, members may apply for use of some special services available onboard Bamboo flights or airline partners’ flights on condition that fees for these special service shall have to be paid according to Bamboo’s current applicable regulations for purchased tickets specified on https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ and according to the partners’ current regulations specified on their websites.
3. Others award
All Bamboo Club Members are eligible to redeem points toward Bamboo Gift Cards through the Bamboo Marketplace. A First or Diamond member may request award for family.
3.1. Upgrade Award
3.1.1 An upgrade award shall apply on Bamboo operated and participated flights, on other airlines’ flights on which Bamboo has purchased hard-block seats in the business class cabin. If the purchase ticket includes other airlines’ sectors, the upgrade award shall only apply on Bamboo operated flights…
3.1.2. The validity of an upgrade award shall go with that of the accompanying purchased ticket.
3.1.3. If a member requests an upgrade award for a child aged 02 to 12 (on the date of the flight) point deduction in this case shall be the same as an adult’s case.
3.1.4. A First of a Diamond member may be allowed to get an upgrade award for an infant under 2 years of age whose name is on the redemption group name list and who boards the same flight with an adult who has an award ticket or an upgrade award. Point deduction in the infant’s case shall be 10% of the adult’s award points. This infant shall share the same reservation code with the accompanying adult.
3.1.5. Point reduction from the award shall be based on the specific operating carrier, class of service, itinerary, operating season (peak and off-peak of the route) award zone and the individual entitled to award. Point reduction for members and persons whose names are in the Redemption group name list is specified in Award Table..
3.1.6. A First or a Diamond member may be allowed to get an upgrade award for a person whose name is not in the Redemption group name list. As such, point deduction in this case shall be 20% more than what is specified in the Award Table.
3.1.7. An award itinerary is an itinerary that includes one or more sectors. Point deduction for a sector shall be based on the origin-destination basis specified in the Award Table.
+ With regard to an international award itinerary with a connecting point inside Vietnam within 24 hours: Point deduction shall be applied as follows:
– Deduction on the international sector if two sectors are of the same class of service or else the international sector has a higher class of service.
– Combined deduction on both sectors if the domestic sector has a higher class of service than the international one.
+ Members must pay the difference amount of service fee/tax/any other charges if any.
+ The granting of upgrade awards shall be in accordance with limited conditions imposed on the original purchased tickets. If extension of validity and change of itinerary apply to the original purchased tickets, then the same shall apply to the upgrade award tickets. When change of itinerary is allowed for upgrade award tickets, the point difference shall be deducted if the new itinerary has more points than the original one. If the points to be deducted for the new itinerary are less than those in the original one, the mile difference shall not be redeemed to the member’s account.
+ An upgrade award shall have the same validity with the purchased ticket and constitute an inseparable part of the purchased ticket.
+ An upgrade award voucher shall not result in any change of restrictions being imposed on the ticket purchased for the upgrade purpose. Once the purchased ticket has expired or has been refunded, the voucher shall no longer be valid for upgrade with other purchased tickets.
Redemption requirements may differ based on fare. The amount of point that can be used on an Upgrade with Points ticket is based on the Bamboo Club Member’s account balance. Any points used will be automatically and permanently deducted from the Member’s Bamboo Club account at the time of the redemption. For reservations that include multiple passengers, only one Bamboo Club account may be used to redeem for an Upgrade with points ticket. Upgrade with points applies to all passengers in the reservation. Not combinable with certificates, e-Credits, vouchers, or with any other discounts. All Upgrade with points are subject to availability, and additional taxes and fees may apply. All fare rules, restrictions, advance purchase requirements, and availability are per rules of the upgraded ticket purchased. All Bamboo Club program rules apply.
Except for tickets refunded under Bamboo’s Risk Free Cancellation policy, points redeemed for Upgrade with Points tickets cannot be re-deposited in the Member’s Bamboo Club Account — even for fully refundable fares. In the event of a valid ticket cancellation under Bamboo’s Risk Free Cancellation policy, Upgrade with point portion of the fare will be redeposited into the Member’s Bamboo Club account and the paid portion of the fare will be credited back to the credit card.
3.3 Baggage Award
– The validity of a baggage award shall be the same as that of the accompanying purchased ticket.
– Point deduction for use of baggage award is specified in Award Table.
– A First or a Diamond member may get a baggage award for a person whose name is not on the redemption group name list. As such, point deduction in this case shall be 20% more than the sum specified in the Award Table.
– Excess baggage award shall be granted on a piece-package basis. A maximum of 2 packages shall be allowed on a flight. Once the baggage award is granted, the change of date of its use is free of charge if the accompanying purchased ticket has the same change of date of flight.
3.4 Lounge Access Award
Lounge access award is applied as follows:
– For 1 person whose name is on the redemption group name list travelling on the same flight with a First or a Diamond member.
– On flights operated by Bamboo Airways with carrier code QH.
– At lounges inside Vietnam.
– If the ward is granted for a person whose name is not on the list nominated by First or Diamond members, mile deduction in this case shall be 20% more than the sum specified in the Award Table.
4. Award Relating to Non-Airline Partners
The granting of awards relating to non-airline partners is specified in bilateral agreements separately signed between Bamboo and non-airline partners, which can be found on https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ and of which members shall be notified at least 1 day before they come into effect.
The termination of any of such agreements shall be mentioned on https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ and members shall be informed of the event at least 1 day before such termination becomes effective.
IV. Purchase of Points and/or Flight Segments
1.1. Members who wish to purchase additional qualifying point and/or qualifying flight segments so as to make them enough for upgrading or maintaining their membership tiers.
1.2. Members who wish to purchase additional bonus point so as to make them enough for redeeming Bamboo Club awards.
1.3. Non-members who wish to purchase point in order to enjoy some immediate privileges.
1.4. Individuals or institutions wish to purchase point to offer to their relatives or customers as gifts.
2. General Regulations
2.1. Members may purchase qualifying point, qualifying flight segments and bonus point from Bamboo’s point.
2.2. Qualifying point and bonus point shall be sold or transferred by package of 1,000 point each. Purchase of at least 1,000 bonus point and at least 100 qualifying point shall be accepted.
2.3. Purchase of at least 2 flight segments shall be accepted.
2.4. Prices of qualifying point, qualifying flight segments, bonus point and fees for offering bonus point are specified in Appendix 5 – Point Unit Price
2.5. Qualifying point, qualifying flight segments and bonus point once purchased shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
3. Regulations on Purchase of Qualifying Point and/or Qualifying Flight Segments
3.1. Qualifying point and/or qualifying flight segments may be purchased at a ticket office or online.
3.2. Qualifying point/qualifying flight segments may be purchased for a current or past qualifying period by using the rolling period model.
3.3. The additional qualifying point/qualifying flight segments required for maintaining or upgrading a tier shall be based on the difference between the standard qualifying point/qualifying flight segment and the accumulated qualifying point/qualifying flight segments during the qualifying period.
Example of purchasing qualifying point/qualifying flight segments in order to maintain the tier for the current qualifying period: On 15 March 2017, a Diamond member wishes to purchase qualifying point/qualifying flight segments in order to maintain the Diamond tier which is due to expire on 31 March 2017. The additional qualifying point/qualifying flight segments to be purchased shall be used for the qualifying period (from 01 March 2016 to 31 March 2017). The Diamond tier is effective as of the date of upgrade until 31 March 2018.
Example of purchasing qualifying point/qualifying flight segments in order to maintain the tier in the future qualifying period: On 15 March 2017, a Diamond member wishes to acquire qualifying point/qualifying flight segments in order to maintain the Diamond tier which is due to expire on 30 April 2017. The additional qualifying point/qualifying flight segments to be purchased shall be used for the qualifying period (from 1 April 2016 to 30 April 2017). The Diamond tier is effective as of the date of upgrade until 30 April 2018.
3.4. Bonus point shall be credited to the designated member account in proportion to the qualifying point purchased and may be used in accordance with the Bamboo’s point regulations on bonus point.
3.5. Should qualifying point/qualifying flight segments be purchased for giveaway purposes, the buyer shall undertake that the same has been agreed upon by the receiving member. Should a member refuse to receive the giveaway point or flight segments card, the purchasing member shall inform Bamboo of the same immediately after receiving the card and return the card to Bamboo within 30 days. Following receipt of a notice of refusal from a member, Bamboo shall downgrade the tier to the original tier and/or close the member account.
4. Regulations on Purchase of Bonus Point
4.1. Bonus point may be purchased at a ticket office or online.
4.2. If additional bonus point are purchased at a booking office in order to make them enough for redeeming awards, a request for purchase of bonus point should be attached to the request for award. Members shall pay for the point purchased and any charges, fees and taxes arising out of the award tickets.
5. Regulations on Offer of Bonus Point between/among Members
5.1. Offer of bonus point between/among members may take place at a ticket office or online.
5.2. Both the donor and the beneficiary must be Bamboo’s point members.
5.3. The request for offer of bonus point shall be signed at the ticket office by the offering and receiving members. This request shall specify the number of the bonus point to be offered and any fees arising out of such offer shall have to be paid by the members.
5.4. The receiving members shall present the member cards, original identity cards or passports of both the offering and receiving members upon paying for the fees at the ticket office.
V. Service Privileges
1. General Principles
1.1. Services privileges are only available to members on Bamboo scheduled flights which have the carrier code of QH and are operated by Bamboo (except for charter flights) and on airline partners.
1.2. For flights operated under the cooperation between Bamboo and other airlines (with the carrier code of QH), services privileges are only available to members on the such flights that are specified under the codeshare/ joint venture agreements, which is notified from time to time.
1.3. The extent of privileges to which members and other Bamboo passengers are entitled shall be informed by Bamboo Club to members on https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ or via email from time to time.
1.4. Members of Emerald, Gold, Diamond and First tiers shall be entitled to the respective services privileges within the validity of the member cards.
1.5. In addition to the services privileges offered on Bamboo flights, holders of Bamboo Club member cards, when flying on any Bamboo’s airline partners, Bamboo Club member are corresponding to in website Bamboo’s airline partner
1.6. For irregularities such as: cancellation, delay, overbooking or others caused by Bamboo, passengers with award tickets shall be entitled to the same services accorded to passengers with purchased tickets.
1.7. In case a member has two or more FFP membership cards from Alliance (including one from Bamboo), only one shall be used on a flight for mile crediting and for inflight privileges.
1.8. Members are required to present their membership cards upon booking of ticket, reservation of seat and check-in so as to be entitled to service privileges accorded to their tiers. Use of any other member’s card is strictly prohibited
2. Structure of Service Privileges
2.1. Privileges available to members on Bamboo flights: Members on Bamboo scheduled flights with the carrier code of QH and operated by Bamboo Club (except for charter flights) shall be entitled to the services privileges specified under Appendix 1 – Services Privileges.
2.2. Privileges available to members on Bamboo’s airline partner flights are prescribed by the Alliance on website
2.3. Privileges available to members on flights of other airlines are specified in the specific cooperation agreement between BAMBOO and a particular airline with terms and conditions on services accorded to Bamboo Club members, which shall be informed to the members and/or can be found on https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ and/or via email from time to time.
|Access to Business/Priority Check-in Desk.||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to Business/Priority Check-in Desk (with travelling guest).||–||–||1 person||6 people|
|Complimentary upgrade to Bamboo Plus or Bamboo Business if your original seat class is full and higher tiered seat class is available at the time of check-in or boarding.||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|Complimentary upgrade to Premium Economy class when buying Economy Saver tickets or higher tiered seat class and the Premium Economy seat is available at the time of check-in or boarding||–||–||–||Yes|
|Using points to upgrade seat (from Plus to Business).||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Priority seat selection.||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Priority arrangement in case of flight irregularities.||Priority||High Priority||Higher Priority||Highest Priority|
|Access to Priority line at boarding gate.||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Priority at airport ticket counter||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|Priority at airport transfer desks (*)||–||–||–||Yes|
|Access to Priority line at customs and security areas (*)||–||–||–||Yes|
|Access to Priority line at immigration areas (*)||–||–||–||Yes|
|Priority baggage Tagging service||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fee waiver on additional kg checked baggage on each flight||–||+ 5kg||+ 10kg||+ 20kg|
|Access to Business Class Lounge at airport with flight by Bamboo Airways||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|Access to Business Class Lounge for traveling guest at airport with flight by Bamboo Airways||–||–||–||1 person(**)|
|Bonus Points Accumulation|
|Bonus points awarded on member’s birthday||–||500 points||1000 points||1500 points|
(Non-related People – 20% fee)
|Award baggage for membership card owner.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Award baggage for membership card owner’s family||No||No||Yes||Yes|
(*) Priority Services depending on each airport available
(**) The guest must have a Bamboo Airways flight ticket on the same day as the member and be accompanied by the member when entering the Lounge).
Maximum time: 3 hours
For international flights:
Privileges to use Business class lounge for First class members, not for Diamond class.
Priority is not applied at the security entrance and immigration area for First class members.
3. Membership Tier Eligibility and Recognition of Membership and Membership Tier
3.1. The new member shall be recognized after the applicant fully fills in the registration form on website https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ or Bamboo Club mobile application and Bamboo shall inform the applicant of his/her membership card number immediately after successful registration.
3.2. A new member tier shall be upgraded to the Emerald tier either after the qualifying points of the first flight are updated to such member’s account or after the member uses BAMBOO partners’ products or services provided that such use qualifies for the upgrade.
3.3. The Gold membership tier shall be recognized either after no less than 1000 qualifying points are accumulated within the qualifying period or after 10 qualifying flights/ 15 Bamboo Economy Saver Max flights are taken or after Bamboo partners’ products or services are used provided that such use qualifies for the upgrade to Gold tier.
3.4. The Diamond membership tier shall be recognized either after no less than 2000 qualifying points are accumulated within the qualifying period or after 20 qualifying flights/ 30 Bamboo Economy Saver Max flights are taken or after Bamboo partners’ products or services are used provided that such use qualifies for the upgrade to Diamond tier.
3.5. The First membership tier shall be recognized after no less than 3000 qualifying points accumulated within the qualifying period or after 30 Qualifying Flights/ 45 Bamboo Economy Saver Max flight are taken.
3.6. A specific membership tier may be upgraded to Emerald tier, Gold tier, Diamond tier or First tier depending on respective cooperation agreement(s) between Bamboo Club and its non-airline partner(s), which can be found on website https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ , and the upgrade shall be periodically informed to the relevant member.
3.7.Membership tiers, Membership cards shall not be transferred, inherited or mortgaged.
4. Maintaining Membership Tiers
4.1. Members holding membership tiers, within each qualifying period, must continue to take qualifying flights or use Bamboo Club partners’ products and/or services in order to maintain their tiers in accordance with the respective eligibility criteria:
4.2. At the end of each qualifying period, members of Gold, Diamond and First tiers who do not qualify the criteria to maintain their respective tiers shall be downgraded to either a lower tier corresponding to the qualifying points accrued in the qualifying period or to the Emerald tier.
4.3. As Emerald tier has no expiry date except cases of membership termination specified in Paragraph 5 under Article 5 hereunder.
VI. General Provisions
These Terms and Conditions define the contractual relationship between Bamboo Airways Ltd Joint stock company (“Bamboo”) and each individual member. All persons applying for membership shall be deemed to have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions. Members are responsible for reading themselves informed of the current Terms and Conditions of the Bamboo program which are posted on Bamboo Airways’ website. Continued participation in the program by a member will be regarded as acceptance of the current Terms and Conditions.
All benefits that Bamboo offers in the Bamboo Club Program are conditioned upon your compliance with this Terms and Conditions, the terms and conditions described elsewhere throughout https://www.bambooairways.com/vn-en/ , all terms and conditions of Bamboo’s contract of carriage, Bamboo’s fare rules and all other applicable Bamboo rules and regulations. These rules are subject to change at any time. Unless otherwise stated, the current rules in effect at the time of your travel or request for a benefit or other transaction will govern that transaction. Bamboo has the sole right to interpret and apply this Terms and Conditions. Please check back frequently for program updates or rule changes.
1. Account Deletion
Under the Bamboo Club SOP, Bamboo reserves the right to deactivate or close an account under the following circumstances:
- Fraudulent activity occurs.
- A Member requests an account closure.
- A Member is deceased
- A Bamboo Club membership account which has not recorded any activity for a consecutive period of 36 months from the date of the last recorded activity will be closed without prior notice. A Bamboo Club account that has been inactive for a consecutive period of 18 months from the date of commencement of membership will also be closed.
- A Member resides in or relocates to a country where membership is prohibited under applicable law
- A Member violates the terms of this Terms and Conditions.
- Member’s commitment of acts detrimental to Bamboo Club, Bamboo and/or Bamboo’s partner(s).
- Member’s commitment of offensive, violent acts against Bamboo staff.
- Member’s commitment of acts that threaten the aviation security.
Under any circumstances, the remaining miles in the member’s account shall be removed upon termination of the membership and shall not be transferred to any other member.
Bamboo reserves the right to audit Members’ accounts at any time and without notice to ensure compliance with the Bamboo Club Terms and Conditions, Bamboo’s contract of carriage, Bamboo’s fare rules, and all other applicable Bamboo rules and regulations.
In the event the audit reveals discrepancies or violations, Bamboo may delay the processing of Award Certificates, Tickets, or other redemptions, cancel any outstanding Award Certificates, Award Tickets or other redemptions and withhold statements until the discrepancies or violations are resolved. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion Status and closure of the Bamboo Club account. During an investigation, Bamboo may inhibit the Bamboo Club account of a Member without notice. While the account is inhibited, the Member may continue to accrue points in the account, but no points redemptions or other transactions will be permitted and any outstanding Award Certificates, Award Travel or other redemptions will be canceled. Canceled Award Certificates or Award Tickets must be surrendered to Bamboo upon Bamboo’s request.
3. Governing Law
The rights and obligations created by the Bamboo Club program will be governed by the laws of the Socialist Republic Viet Nam.
4. Privacy Statement
We are always conscious and respectful of your personal privacy.
5. Program Changes and Termination
Bamboo and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, mileage regulations, Award Travel, Medallion qualification requirements and levels, fees, Award prices, and special offers at any time without notice. This means that Bamboo may initiate changes, for instance, impacting partner affiliations, rules for earning point credit, continued availability of Awards, or blackout dates. Bamboo may also limit the seats available for Award Travel to any or all destinations (including, but not limited to, allocating no Award seats on certain flights). Such changes to Bamboo’s frequent flyer program may include modifications that (i) govern point credits or other benefits earned on or after the date of change, (ii) change the value of already accumulated point credits or other benefits or (iii) govern point credits or other benefits earned on or after the date of change and change the value of already accumulated point credits. Bamboo reserves the right to terminate the Bamboo frequent flyer program with six month notice. Unless otherwise stated, the terms and conditions of the Bamboo Club’s Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of your travel or request for a benefit will govern the transaction.
6. Restrictions on Transfer
Points are not the property of any Member. Except as specifically authorized in the Bamboo Club’s Terms and Conditions or otherwise in writing by an officer of Bamboo, points may not be sold, attached, seized, levied upon, pledged under any circumstances, including, without limitation, by operation of law, upon death, or in connection with any domestic relations dispute and/or legal proceeding.
7. Sale or Barter Prohibited
Except as set forth below, the sale or barter of point credit, vouchers, Award Tickets, Medallion Status, any other benefit by Bamboo Club Members, or the attempt of any of the foregoing, is prohibited. Bamboo will terminate or deduct point from the account of any Member who violates this rule. Award Certificates, Award Tickets, obtained through prohibited sale or barter transactions are VOID, invalid for travel, and will be confiscated. Persons trying to use such tickets will not be permitted to travel unless they purchase a ticket from Bamboo at the applicable fare.
Bamboo Club Members may participate in point exchange transactions through the program of Bamboo Club. All transactions are subject to the terms and conditions of the Bamboo Club Transfer Point Program. Point transfer fees apply.
8. Bamboo Club Statements & Program Updates
Bamboo Club online statements are sent periodically (monthly, quarterly or based on recent activity) to Members through an email reminder, regardless of activity. Members can enroll to receive their Bamboo Club statement (also known as The INSIDER) by going to My Profile, entering their Bamboo Club number and password, and updating their “Notification” preferences.
Online statements indicate the amount of point credit earned with Bamboo, its airline, hotel, and car rental partners, and all other partners in the Bamboo Club programs, as well as point redemption activity. Ticket receipts and boarding passes should be retained until point credit appears on your Bamboo Club statement.
Current balance, account activity, redemption, and program information may be obtained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
9. Termination and/or Mileage Deduction for Violations
Bamboo reserves the right to terminate your membership in the Bamboo Club program at any time if you violate the Bamboo Club’s Term and Conditions, any term or condition of Bamboo’s contract of carriage, Bamboo’s fare rules, or any other Bamboo rule and regulation that apply to your travel. Termination of your membership will result in a loss of all accumulated point credit in your account, the cancellation of any unused Awards or Award Certificates, and the loss of all other Bamboo Club benefits. Terminated Members are not eligible to participate in any aspect of the Bamboo Club program, including without limitation any special promotions or Bamboo Club partnership offers. In lieu of termination, Bamboo may at its sole discretion deduct point from your account, but permit you to continue participating in the Bamboo Club program.
Members whose accounts have been terminated for any reason may not reopen new accounts.
It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the Bamboo Club’s Terms and Conditions with the other terms and conditions that apply to your travel on Bamboo. If you have any question about the rules that are applicable to your situation, contact hotline customer service 19001133 for guidance.
VII. Rights and Responsibilities of Bamboo Club Members
1. By enrolling in Bamboo Club, Members are required to agree on and be responsible for complying with the Bamboo Club’s Terms and Conditions.
2. Members may not create dummy account(s), credit dummy miles, redeem award(s) from dummy account(s) and/of from other members’ account(s), update other member’s accounts for earning points and/or for gaining privileges.
3. Members of Emerald, Gold, Diamond and First tiers shall receive their respective account statements, Bamboo Club newsletters through email and be provided with information regarding the Bamboo Club Program, new products and other special sales programs offered by Bamboo (if registered).
4. When members wish to contact Bamboo Club via various channels, the following should be done:
– Contact to the operator 19001133 (in Vietnam): Call must be from the registered phone number
– Contact to Bamboo Club email: members must send from registered email
– In the event that a member wishes to authorize another person to conduct transactions relating to his or her own Bamboo Club account, the member is required to submit an authorization paper in the form of the Bamboo Club
5. Members shall have the right to enroll in the program, have their tiers assessed, earn miles, redeem for awards, purchase and transfer points, receive privileges for the respective membership tier, maintain and terminate Bamboo Club membership in accordance with the Bamboo Club’s Terms and Conditions.
6. If members lodge complaints about Bamboo’s services relating to the carriage of passengers, the complaints shall be handled in accordance with Bamboo’ conditions of carriage.
Appendix 1: Table of member privileges
(*) For international flights operated by Bamboo Airways (except charter flights):
– First tier members will be able to enter First lounge/Business lounge, including the domestic lounge for outbound segment and the international lounge for inbound segment. This benefit will be applied to the First tier members only (not applied to accompanying person of First members and Diamond tier members).
– Priority access policy at the security screening area has not been applied to First tier members.
Appendix 2: Table of coefficients for adding points for each ticket class
You can view detailed information HERE.
Appendix 3: Compensation Schedule
You can view detailed information HERE.