Flight to Buon Ma Thuot
Be exploring a charming Buon Ma Thuot with your friends, family and relatives at affordable fares and many attractive promotions from Bamboo Airways!
Flight to Buon Ma Thuot at good price
Buon Ma Thuot has long been famous for its sprawling coffee trees, also known as the cultural and economic center of the Central Highlands. This land is very attractive to visitors with its majestic beauty of the mythic Sê-rê-pô-k river or towering waterfalls.
This is the largest city with a size of 377 square kilometers in the heart of Tay Nguyen region and has the largest population density in Vietnam. The city’s population is 502,170 people of which ethnic minority accounts for about 15% and more than 80% of the population lives in the city (415,610 people)
Coming to Buon Ma Thuot, you can see the coffee garden, the traditional house of the local residents, or the charming gong dances of Daklak girls … the city is an ideal destination for those who love wild nature.
The ideal time to visit
When The wild sunflower blossoms with brilliant yellow in December, it’s the perfect time to go to Buon Ma Thuot,or in February, March when the coffee flower blooms. In fact, its weather is classified into two distinct rainy and dry seasons, dry season starts from November to April next year, rainy season occurs from May to October, the average temperature is only 23-24 C. So you can arrange your time to come here at any time of a year.
You can even attend unique traditional folk festivals. Around December to March in Vietnamese lunar Calendar, the Banar in the Central Highland celebrates the buffalo kill festival, called Koh Kpo or Groong Kpo Ton to welcome the New Year, to praise the health for people and lush crops, Cafe Festival in March, elephant racing festival, buffalo kill festival in March of lunar year, water wharf worshiping festival of the Ede.
Getting to Buon Ma Thuot
Buon Ma Thuot is about 350 km far from Ho Chi Minh City, about 1,400 km far from Hanoi. so it is possible to go either by road or air:
- Departing from Hanoi: you can book a flight to Buon Ma Thuot with Bamboo Airways at only from VND199,000 taking about 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Departing from Ho Chi Minh City: it takes 7-8 hours to go by car or about 9-10 hours by motorbike. Bus fare ranges from VND 200,000 to VND 250,000 / way with multiple trips a day. If you want to spend a whole day to visit around upon arrival, you can choose overnight bus to take a rest on the bus.
We recommend you round-trip direct flights from Ho Chi Minh to Buon Ma Thuot at an affordable price only taking about 1 hour.
The airport is about 15 km far from the city center with many vehicles to choose.
Buon Ma Thuot Airport (IATA: BMV, ICAO: VVBM) is a mixed military and civil airport in the city, located about 8 km in the southeast far from the city center. The airport‘s runway is about 3000 m in length and 45 m in width. It’s available for short-range aircraft such as the ATR 72, Fokker 70, medium-range ones A320, A321, B767 and equipped with lights for night flights.
- Passenger terminal: 7.175m2
- capacity: 1 million passengers / year
- Service hours: 24h / 24h.
The passenger terminal consists of a ground floor and a mezzanine equipped with modern and advanced equipment in aviation including: 04 aircraft Gaters; 12 check-in counters; 02 arrival luggage conveyors; 01 luggage conveyor belt; 03 escalators; 01 elevator; 01 VIP room; 01 lost luggage stalls; 01 tourist information desk; 01 health room.
Camera, automatic fire fighting system and wall-mounted fire fighting equipment; security screening machine; souvenir store; snack bar (front hall), ground floor; area for airlines’ representatives….
Bamboo Airways also operates round-trip flights from Hanoi, Da Nang, Thanh Hoa and Ho Chi Minh City to Buon Ma Thuot.
- Flight timing from Hanoi to Buon Ma Thuot: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Flight timing from Thanh Hoa to Buon Ma Thuot: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Flight timing from Ho Chi Minh City to Buon Ma Thuot: 1 hour.
Transportation from Buon Me Thuot Airport to the city center.
- Taxi : there are many taxis standby to pick up guests to the city center at about VND130,000 such as Ban Me Xanh, Tây Nguyên, Đak Lak, Quyết Tiến…In addition to the private option, you can go with other passengers. The taxi service costs about VND85,000 for a 4-seat car, VND 95,000 for a 7-seat car and VND 390,000 for a 16-seat car.
- Shuttle bus from travel companies: is very diverse, you can easily book on their website or travel agencies across the country at about VND 200,000 / trip.
- Motorbike taxi : is available around the airport at the rate of VND 50,000 / person for the route from the airport to the city center.
- Bus : is not available at the airport. You have to take a motorbike taxi to the nearby bus station. Some bus stations near the airport such as:
- Route 1: Dat Ly – Cu Jut
- Route 2: Quyet Thang Bus Station – Ea So Commune
- Route 3: Krong Kmar Town – Cu Dam Hamlet
- Route 4: Eakao – Bus Station in the north of Buon Ma Thuot
- Route 5: Near Ly Tu Trong secondary school- Nagx district, Ea Sin – Krong Buk district
- Route 7: Krong Pac – Buon Ma Thuot
- Route 8: Krong Pac – M’drak
- Route 9: Buon Ma Buot
- Route 10: Buon Ma Thuot – Krong Ana
- Route 11: Buon Ma Thuot – Krong Bong
- Route 12: Buon Ma Thuot – Lak
- Route 13: Buon Ma Thuot – Krong No (Dak Nong)
- Route 15: Buon Ma Thuot – Buon Don
Book a flight at good price
Bamboo Airways operates direct flights from Hanoi, Thanh Hoa and Ho Chi Minh City to Buon Ma Thuot. Both day and night flights are offered at a variety of rates with favourable options for your trip.
The period from December to the end of March is the time of many festivals and also travel season. Therefore, the airfare is higher than other times. You should book in advance at least 2 months from the date of departure to get good rates from Bamboo Airways.
You are recommended to search for promotions with the best price of a month, often to update flights on the website to get a good price. Usually, airfare promotions to Buon Ma Thuot take place during the low tourist season: rainy season – from May to October; Dry season: From November to April next year.
Or you should book filght on normal days of a week, because the weekend from Friday to Sunday is always higher. flying at night is also a good option if you don’t go with children or the elder.
Hope you have a good trip with the above advice.
For inquiries about flights, fares and other details, please contact BamBoo Airways’ hotline for quick response.