Damaged and lost baggage
If your baggage is damaged, delayed or lost, please contact our staff within seven (07) days of your flight for damaged baggage, and within twenty (21) days of your flight for delayed or lost baggage!
I/ Items left on airplane
The items you have left on the airplane, if found by Bamboo Airways, will be stored at the arriving airport. Please kindly contact us to be supported.
Passengers claim their baggage at either the departing airport or the arriving airport.
03 days: Unclaimed Baggage, after three (03) days, will be charged a fee by Bamboo Airways.
90 days: Unclaimed Baggage, after ninety (90) days, Bamboo Airways will no longer be responsible for the unclaimed baggage and has the right to dispose of the unclaimed baggage in whichever way the Airline deems to be reasonable.
Passengers claim their baggage at either the departing airport or the arriving airport. If passengers do not claim their baggage within three (03) days, Bamboo Airways has the right to charge a fee. If passengers do not claim their baggage within ninety (90) days, Bamboo Airways has the right to dispose of the unclaimed baggage in whichever way the Airline deems to be reasonable.
II/ Baggage claim
At the arrival airport, please contact our staff at the lost and found counter as soon as you do not receive your luggage or identify that your baggage is damaged or lost. Our staff will issue an property issue report (PIR) for you.
PIR is a legal basis confirming the abnormal(s) that happened to your luggage; and is one of the bases for Bamboo Airways to settle complaints and compensations later.
The form of baggage issue declaration and claim/ complaint, attached with the property issue report (PIR) must be sent to us at the contact address below with the following deadline:
» Send immediately or within 07 days from the date of receiving the luggage, in the event that baggage-inner item(s) is (are) lost and damage (*).
» Send immediately or within 21 days from the date of receiving the luggage, for delayed luggage.
(*) Bamboo Airways is exempted from liability for abnormal baggage for cases stated in our Conditions of carriage. Please see details here.
III/ Late arrival baggage
If passengers’ baggage(s) is (are) arrived lately, Bamboo Airways will pay compensation for delayed checked baggage in order to assist passengers in purchasing essentials for daily life while waiting for baggage to be returned.
Passengers are entitled to compensation for checked baggage being delayed in the following cases::
» Passengers do not collect their checked baggage within 24 hours from the actual landing time of the aircraft at the destination in their itinerary.
» Permanent residence address of passenger(s) is (are) not in the same province/ city which the arrival airport is based (based on passenger identification document).
As soon as luggage is found, we will contact you to agree on time, location and method of returning baggage.
- Bamboo Airways will compensate for baggage damages based on actual damage but not exceeding the limit of liability of the company.
- Passengers are responsible for proving the actual damage to their baggage.
- General provisions on lost luggage compensation: on the basis of weight of baggage for domestic routes: 200,000 VND/ kg, for international routes: 20 USD/ kg or equivalent foreign currency.
|Status of baggage||Compensation for economy class (VND)||Compensation for business class (VND)|
|Broken wheel (applicable to 1 wheel)||150,000||250,000|
|Cracked or flattened||300,000||500,000|
|Broken at the bottom of bag / suitcase||200,000||300,000|
|Damaged whole bag / suitcase, can not be repaired||500,000||750,000|
- For damaged luggage at the same time many parts can be accumulated but the total compensation does not exceed 500,000 VND / 1 piece of baggage for economy class and 750,000 VND / 1 piece of baggage for Business class.
- Pursuant to point c) Clause 1 Article 166 Law on Civil Aviation of Vietnam in 2014 on the carriage of Baggage, including Checked Baggage and Hand Baggage, the limit of liability for Damage caused by loss, deficiencies and failures is based at 1000 (one thousand) unit of calculation (SDR) for each Passenger.