Bamboo Airways COVID-19 safety policies
23rd February 2021 - 17:57
The well-being and safety of passengers is our utmost priority. In response to the spread of Covid-19, Bamboo Airways has been implementing various measures to provide our passengers the most comfortable flights possible, and we are also committed to policies that ensure our passengers’ rights. We are continuously monitoring the situation and will provide updates as necessary.
Please refer to the following update:
1. Check-in area
- Ticket counters, check-in counters and kiosks are wiped down and sanitized frequently. Furthermore, ticket counters and check-in counters are equipped with protective screens.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are visible at check-in area and customers are recommended to wash their hands frequently.
- In order to limit crowds at the airport, pick-up and see-off family members are not allowed to get inside the airport terminal. In some special cases, family members are allowed to get inside the airport in order to assist customers with limited mobility.
- Customers are encouraged to use online check-in or mobile app to check-in to avoid crowds and direct contact at the airport.
- According to Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam as well as Bamboo Airways’ policy, all customers must do temperature screenings as they entered the terminal. A person with a temperature of 37.5°C or higher or having the following symptoms: dry cough, shortness of breath, sickness is not allowed to travel.
- Ground staff and customers are required to wear masks correctly and keep it on all the time.
- All customers are requested doing mandatory Health Declaration before flights.
- To ensure safe distancing, customers are guided to keep minimum 2-meters distance while standing at check-in queue and are arranged one-seat distance from each other.
- Staff are required to wear face masks and medical gloves during serving. We also pay attention on staff training to make sure cleaning is being done frequently with high efficiency.
- Lounge areas are wiped down and sanitized constantly.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed near high-traffic and high-touch locations such as entrance, check in desk, shower room and restroom.
- Food is well-cooked and preserved in sealed containers. Buffet area is rearranged to promote safe distancing. All tableware are sanitized with high-temperature dishwashers.
- Customers are recommended to keep their face masks on (except when eating or drinking) and maintain good social distancing from other lounge users.
3. Boarding gate area
- Boarding gate desks are wiped down and sanitized frequently.
- Disinfection sprays at boarding gate is applied.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed at all boarding gate desks.
- Customers are guided to keep minimum 02-meters-distance in boarding queue as well as in the airbridge to the aircraft.
- Number of customers per bus is limited in order to ensure safe distance.
4. Onboard the flight
- To ensure onboard air quality and hygiene, Bamboo Airways’ aircraft are equipped with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters, which minimizes the risk of airborne bacteria and viruses on flights. HEPA filters remove up to 99.99% of particles such as dust, pollen, human skin cells, bacterium, and viruses with a minimum size of 0.001 micrometers.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers is always available in the lavatory. Lavatories are cleaned before and during the flight with additional wipe down procedures by our cabin crew.
- All customers and crew members are requested wearing face masks throughout the flight.
- Cabin crew are provided hand sanitizers to wash their hands thoroughly before and after serving. Use and replace medical gloves before serving meals and after checking restrooms.
- For international flights with a high risk of infection, we provide additional wet tissues to customers for the sake of sanitization. Depending on the situation of the destination, we are flexible with our service standards such as stop serving newspapers, blankets or using disposable meal trays. Furthermore, customers & crew members are provided with medical protective suits, being disinfected before. Both crews and customers are equipped with PPE. They will also use separate lavatory throughout the flight.
5. Arrival area
- Cabin crew is trained in order to maintain orderly & distanced deplaning. Number of customers per bus is limited in order to ensure safe distance.
- Disinfection is required for all international flights after landing at the first airport on Vietnam’s territory. Regarding domestic flights, disinfection is conducted in accordance with the authority’s guideline or when carrying customers with high risk of infection.
- Baggage conveyor belt, trolley as well as baggage claim area are wiped down and sanitized constantly.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed at Lost & Found counter and exit of arrival hall. .
- In order to limit crowds at the airport, pick-up and see-off family members are not allowed to go inside the arrival hall.
6. Post flight
- For flights with a high risk of infection, customer and crew members have to quarantine for 14 days afterwards.
- Catering trolleys and amenity bags are sanitized thoroughly before moving to the storage area. All tools will be cleaned with high- temperature dishwasher to avoid the remnant of virus.
For details, please contact our agents, ticket office or Call Center: 1900 1166 – Email: [email protected]