Passengers are required to to present forms of identifications documents at check-in.
I. Passenger travelling on Vietnam domestic flights must have one of the following identification types:
Passenger from 14 years of age:
A. Vietnamese nationals may use any of the following forms of photo identification:
- Passport or Travel Document;
- Identity card;
- Military Identity card;
- Communist Party of Vietnam membership card;
- Press Identity card;
- Car, motorbike driving licence;
- Aviation Security control card;
- National Security Aviation Committee card;
- Airlines Identity card;
- National Assembly membership card;
- Certifying personal identification form by local police or authorities about passenger ‘s permanent residence or temporaty residence;
- Certifying form by authorities about passenger ‘s sentenced completion.
In case of loss travel documents, passengers could use a certifying personal identification form by the local police or authorities of their permanent residence or temporary residence; Certifying form by authorities about passenger‘s sentenced completion. Certifying forms must be attached with stamped portrait picture and shall be valid within 30 days since the date of confirmation.
B. Non-Vietnamese nationalities may use any of the following forms of photo identification:
- National Passport;
- Travel Document;
- Loose – leaf Visa;
- Vietnam permanent residence card;
- Vietnam temporary residence card;
In case passport loss, a diplomatic note from the diplomatic mission or consulate of the host country bearing the nationality or official letter of the foreign affairs or police office of the locality where the loss of personal identity and Passport with portrait pictures and stamp is required. Diplomatic note is valid within 30 days since the date of confirmation.
Passenger under 14 years of age (Child / Infant)
A. Vietnamese nationals:
- Birth Certificate;
- Birth Certifying Form (infants under one (01) month old);
- Certifying form by a social organization for children under the patronage of that organisation. This certifying form shall be valid within 6 months since the date of confirmation.
- Passengers’ travel documents as referred above shall meet the following conditions:
- Travel documents are still valid;
- Birth Certificate and Birth Certifying Form must be the original ones or copy one certified by notarial office with legal status.
B. Non-Vietnamese nationalities: Passport.
II. Passenger travelling on international flights must have the following identification types:
- A valid Passport within at least 6 months upon arrival date in the country of destination.
- A valid visa for the country of destination and any transit points.
- Children and infants without a passport: full names, date of birth and portrait picture with stamp have to be available in the travel document of the parent.
- Visa: Passengers must hold valid visa for the country of destination and any transit points. Please check the entry requirements on the Internet or contact the Embassy or Consulate of the related country for information.
For International passengers
For passengers of non-Vietnamese nationals, you are required to have a visa to enter Vietnam. If a visitor comes from a national of a visa waiver country, you are allowed to travel to Vietnam for 14 days with visa exemption and only required to present your returned ticket for the allowed time of entry. (A visa waiver program allows citizens of another country to enter and stay in a country for a certain period of time without having to go through immigration procedures).