If your baggage is damaged, delayed or lost, please contact our staff within seven (07) days of your flight for damaged baggage, and within twenty (21) days of your flight for delayed or lost baggage!
Items left on airplane
The items you have left on the airplane, if found by Bamboo Airways, will be stored at the arriving airport. Please kindly contact us at hotline 1900 1166 to be supported.
Passengers claim their baggage at either the departing airport or the arriving airport.
03 days: Unclaimed Baggage, after three (03) days, will be charged a fee by Bamboo Airways.
90 days: Unclaimed Baggage, after ninety (90) days, Bamboo Airways will no longer be responsible for the unclaimed baggage and has the right to dispose of the unclaimed baggage in whichever way the Airline deems to be reasonable.
Passengers claim their baggage at either the departing airport or the arriving airport. If passengers do not claim their baggage within three (03) days, Bamboo Airways has the right to charge a fee. If passengers do not claim their baggage within ninety (90) days, Bamboo Airways has the right to dispose of the unclaimed baggage in whichever way the Airline deems to be reasonable.
Bamboo Airways restricts the carriage of fragile items, easily broken/damaged items (e.g., raw food items…). We also restrict the carriage of valuable items in checked baggage, we are not responsible for the damage or loss of valuable items in checked baggage.
We offer to carry fragile items, easily broken/damaged items if the following conditions are met:
1. Packing Standard
a) Raw, and easily spoiled items: have to be packed in a sealed container to avoid loss or theft, and prevent damaging other baggage.
• Internal Protective Packing: raw and easily spoiled items should be stored inside a plastic bag that is at least 0.1 mm in thickness. It is recommended that these items should be packed in multiple plastic bags to avoid breaking or leaking.
• External Protective Packing: after finishing internal protective packing, raw and easily spoiled items must be stored inside plastic box, carton box, foam box or box made with non-leakage materials. Each box have to be sealed carefully to prevent leakage during moving.
• Each person is allowed two and a half (2.5) kg of dry ice for the purpose of preservation. The packaging of dry ice must be capable of venting gas to prevent the build-up of pressure. Dry ice should never be packed or sealed in an airtight box or container. It is recommended that passengers should create small holes around the package to vent gas. (Bamboo Airways does not offer to carry raw foods or easily damaged items packed with wet ice to prevent any water leakages that would affect other items).
• Each box (plastic, carton, foam or non-leakage materials) that has raw and easily spoiled items must be sealed by one additional plastic layer that is at least 1 mm in thickness.
b) Fish sauce or smelling liquid items: Each passenger is only allowed on-board three (03) liters of fish sauce or other smelling liquid items in checked-in baggage. Fish sauce or smelling liquid items must be stored in plastic bottle that is carefully capped and sealed. The amount of these items must not exceed 95% of the bottle’s volume. The bottle must be placed inside a foam box that is carefully sealed by tapes to ensure no breaking leakage during moving and storing.
c) Each passenger is only allowed five (05) kg of durian or other smelling items in checked-in baggage. Durian, jackfruit or other smelling items must be internally packed by plastic materials prior to be stored inside a box or baggage to prevent the smell from affecting other baggage items.
2. Bamboo Airways accepts carriage of fragile and easily broken/damaged items only if the passenger accepts all risks that could happen to these items during the carriage. We shall not be responsible for any unusual circumstances: damage, loss in quantity and weight etc. Passengers are only compensated in cases when baggage is delayed or lost (if any) in accordance with rules and regulations of Bamboo Airways.