Hai Phong is famous for flamboyant trees planted around the city and so called “the city of red flamboyant”. The city is attractive and charming to tourists by its beautiful sites such as Cat Ba island, Do Son beach, Monkey island…. At present, domestic airlines are operating direct flights to Cat Bi airport – Hai Phong to facilitate visitors exploring and experiencing the city.
The ideal time to come
Hai Phong weather is divided into four distinct seasons: spring, summer, autumn, winter. But, you are recommended to get to the city in summer – April to October and explore the charming tropical green forests as Cat Ba National Park, sea-bathe on its romantic bays and beaches. This is also a travel season of a year with blooming flamboyants across all streets for your selfie poetic pictures.
Flight to Hai Phong
Hai Phong is now a major tourism city in the North of Vietnam with outstanding infrastructure. Especially, the launch of Cat Bi airport attracts domestic airlines to operate direct flights to the city for travel development.
Each airline offers different rates and flexible flight schedules and fares, in-flight services (carry-on baggage, checked baggage), pre-paid seat service, … for your convenience and comfort.
Airfare is usually pricey during the peak travel season from April and October. Therefore, you should book flights from Hanoi to Hai Phong in advance at least approximately 2 months prior to departure date to get the best offer. Or late night or early morning flights are also good options.
- From Ho Chi Minh to Hai Phong (vice versa) : 1 hour 55 minutes.
- From Da Nang to Hai Phong (vice versa) : 1 hour 15 minutes.
- From Quy Nhon to Hai Phong (vice versa) : 1 hour.
- From Nha Trang to Hai Phong (vice versa) : 1 hour 45 minutes.
- From Phu Quoc to Hai Phong (vice versa) : 2 hours 05 minutes.
- From Da Lat to Hai Phong (vice versa) : 1 hour 45 minutes.
Cat Bi airport (Hai Phong city) is located at Hai An district, 8 km in the southeast from the center of Hai Phong city, 6km far from harbour, 25 km far from Do Son international tourist area, 8 km far from Dinh Vu Industrial Park and a little bit far from Cat Ba Tourist Area; Tuan Chau International Tourist Area, Ha Long Bay …
The airport is designed for both domestic and international passenger terminals, capable of 1000 passengers / rush hour or 2 million passengers / year.
- The terminal is located on the 1st floor for domestic and international arrivals with 3 arrival conveyor belts of which 2 islands are for domestic passengers and the rest for international passengers. The international arrival terminal has full screening facilities for security, customs and transit area for passengers. Then, passengers go directly to the arrival hall and parking area.
- The departure terminal is located on the second floor with two entries for international and domestic passengers. There are 29 check-in counters of which counters 1 to 16 are for domestic flights and 17 – 29 counters serve international flights. The lounge is divided into two zones for domestic and international flights, the domestic terminal is in the east including departure gates 1 to 4, the international terminal is in the west including departure gates 5 and 6.
Services are available at the airport such as: cafeterias, shuttle service, parking service, self-driving car rental, free WiFi, ATMs, baby-sitting service, luggage-related services (lockers and luggage storage, luggage packing), currency exchange, airport information, medical services, free battery charging service, tax refund area, free drinking water area, smoking area …
Transportation from the airport to the downtown
It’s easy for you to travel with some options to choose as following:
- Taxi: is the most convenient vehicle for travelers carrying many things with reputable taxi companies such as Thong Nhat, Dat Cang, Hai Phong, Mai Linh, Trung Kiet, Kim Lien.
- Bus: is the most affordable vehicle, but only suitable for those who are physically fit (because of time spent on the plane and flight procedures) and fewer baggage (you have to carry it to bus-stop). There are two main routes: route No. 18 ( Le Hong Phong Road – Cau Phao Song Hoa and vice versa), route No. 09 ( Dinh Vu – T-Junction Dai Ha road and vice versa).
Hope you have a nice trip with above useful information !